Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srellom
It sounds like a Jardon Marine of Surrey product.
cheeky bugger have you cleaned all the rust of your console yet?
Old 08 February 2006, 21:35   #22

Town: Wyke Regis, Dorset
Boat name: SuRely Knot
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Optimax
No, I was hoping that it might put the rats off it!!
Old 08 February 2006, 22:13   #23

Town: ATHENS
Boat name: AKOUNA MATATA
Make: X-TRIM
Engine: 2X225 4STR JOHNSON
if you don't mind my saying so......what is the price of gasoline in England now? if you can say it in euro? and what about the prices of new or used boats there in lets say an 8m or 10m fully customed?
beacause as i read the prices there must be VERY HIGH.... here in Greece the gas is about 0,95 to 0,98euro/lt and a boat like yours new with all accessories included and also treiler without motor is about 30-50.000euros depending on constractor.....which is about what? 34-35000 british pounds??
this is an average price.....
Old 08 February 2006, 22:26   #24
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Quote:
No, I was hoping that it might put the rats off it!!
Is it me or is Srellom, Mollers backwards..............
Old 08 February 2006, 22:32   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
Nope, not you.
Old 08 February 2006, 22:33   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by signum
if you don't mind my saying so......what is the price of gasoline in England now? if you can say it in euro? and what about the prices of new or used boats there in lets say an 8m or 10m fully customed?
beacause as i read the prices there must be VERY HIGH.... here in Greece the gas is about 0,95 to 0,98euro/lt and a boat like yours new with all accessories included and also treiler without motor is about 30-50.000euros depending on constractor.....which is about what? 34-35000 british pounds??
this is an average price.....
Petrol is about 90p a ltr Signum, which is about 1.4 Euro which is outrageous. We know that we are being robbed, but our government has to recoup some of the money that it pours into the EU for spending on less well off members. As for your other questions, I think that Hugh the Sales/Managing Director of Jardon Marine is the man to answer those for you as he's in the boat building game.
Old 08 February 2006, 22:38   #27

Quote:
Petrol is about 90p a ltr Signum, which is about 1.4 Euro which is outrageous. We know that we are being robbed, but our government has to recoup some of the money that it pours into the EU for spending on less well off members. As for your other questions, I think that Hugh the Sales/Managing Director of Jardon Marine is the man to answer those for you as he's in the boat building game.
senior executive managing director if you dont mind.....i promoted myself this afternoon as i had some free time . I took on some new staff today, RON has joined the business looking after security. if you could forward any questions to my young secretary before she leaves for nursery in the morning then i might be able to get one of my senior sales engineering guys to look at them after around 3.15 tomorrow when he gets home from school.
Old 09 February 2006, 00:31   #28

srellom....1,4????? and we say here that it is expensive!!!! 1,1-1,2e/lt we have the 100octane gas that the other is 95octane.........but in any case i beleive that in you (England) is also different and in matter of salary and other.....imagine that here the common basic salary for a new secretary lets say it about 450-600euro (308-411 british pounds).....i don't beleive that you have the same salaries there!!!!
about 90p we have the 1lt milk here.....
so propable as a country to you we are cheaper...but in our measures we are expensive....
but anyways...thanks for letting me know not to come for vacations there.....hahahhaha - - - i'd love to come nevertheless...it's a dream of mine to come and see england,scotland and irland......
Old 09 February 2006, 10:11   #29

Town: Carigaline/Baltimore
Boat name: XS-600
Make: XS-Ribs
Engine: Merc Optimax 150 XL
Well if you come to Ireland, not irland, Petrol is about €1.05 - €1.10 which is about 72p stg and we complain that that is high!!

For once we're not being ripped off somewhere but by god does the government make up for it elsewhere!! We pay higher prices for cars than anywhere else in the EU!!
Old 09 February 2006, 10:19   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by swginn
Well if you come to Ireland, not irland, Petrol is about €1.05 - €1.10 which is about 72p stg and we complain that that is high!!

For once we're not being ripped off somewhere but by god does the government make up for it elsewhere!! We pay higher prices for cars than anywhere else in the EU!!
I thought that you guys ran on red diesel with the dye stripped out. Cheap as a chips, new engine every 12k miles!
Old 09 February 2006, 10:38   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
mollers was never backwards in coming forwards
Old 09 February 2006, 12:37   #32

please forgive me...yes Ireland....wrote it in a rush!!
What's the cost of a car over there?...here the diesel cars are only used for bus and taxi.....all rest are forced to buy with gasoline.....
give me average for a......xc90 volvo....here is starting from 65.000e and climbing up to 120.000e...depends on extras....
anyways Ireland and generally speaking all England (i know that British and Irish have internal problems with IRA etc) so please forgive me for putting everybody in one Great Britain has for me a great value for historical reasons...i love castles,different dialects (hope to write it well) and generally old history...
sorry for the off topic.
Old 09 February 2006, 12:57   #33
ADS

Quote:
please forgive me...yes Ireland....wrote it in a rush!!
What's the cost of a car over there?...here the diesel cars are only used for bus and taxi.....all rest are forced to buy with gasoline.....
give me average for a......xc90 volvo....here is starting from 65.000e and climbing up to 120.000e...depends on extras....
anyways Ireland and generally speaking all England (i know that British and Irish have internal problems with IRA etc) so please forgive me for putting everybody in one Great Britain has for me a great value for historical reasons...i love castles,different dialects (hope to write it well) and generally old history...
sorry for the off topic.
According to the back of Top Gear the Volvo XC90 Chelsea Tractor starts at £31,235 for the 2.5T S 4x4 rising to £45,820 for the 2.9 T6 Executive Geartronic 4x4.

Hope this helps,

Alex
Old 09 February 2006, 13:04   #34

thans ADS....very helpfull indeed....your price of 2.9 executive 45.000pounds is our 2.5T simple edition......your cars are cheaper.....at least some of the cars.
Old 09 February 2006, 13:28   #35
ADS

Quote:
thans ADS....very helpfull indeed....your price of 2.9 executive 45.000pounds is our 2.5T simple edition......your cars are cheaper.....at least some of the cars.
Maybe, how much is a Ford Focus 1.6 in Greece, 1.6 LX £12,796, this is a more common car.
Old 09 February 2006, 13:59   #36

about 8-9.000bps but the base...just 2airbags,abs,r/cd
Old 09 February 2006, 14:16   #37

but you guys get all the sun and nice weather and a much more relaxed life style
Old 09 February 2006, 15:51   #38

yeaaaap!!!! sun here is number one...for this i'm very very happy to be borned Greek..another is our history....but as all countries we have our problems also......it depends from the point of view....if you work,if y live or if you make just some days vacations.....ups and downs like everywhere in the world..
Old 09 February 2006, 17:35   #39

Quote:
yeaaaap!!!! sun here is number one...for this i'm very very happy to be borned Greek..another is our history....but as all countries we have our problems also......it depends from the point of view....if you work,if y live or if you make just some days vacations.....ups and downs like everywhere in the world..
Signum, your english is excellent and unusually your written english is also very good. But one tiny point, vacation is an american term, for us it is holiday. I know that it is difficult to keep americanisms out of spoken "english" for non english due to american films and TV.
Old 09 February 2006, 18:21   #40

thank y very much....all corrections accepted....you know here we are mainly "forced" to learn at least one foreign language from childhood...
but as y pointed we see many many many american films so it is easy to make this kind of "mistakes".
the only british i remember is about 10-12 years ago that we had the Bennie hill series......all rest is american...