Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw
The reason that in the past as Rogue Wave states that people selling second hand Ribeyes would always point out that they were built in UK rather than South Africa, was that the initial half dozen hulls produced were very poor. They were bought back and scrapped but the mud stuck. However, since then things were sorted out and the quality has been high.

Another thing to point out is that they are marketed with Yamaha, and can be bought through Yamaha dealers. Surely if the quality was poor, Yamaha would not want to be associated with them. As it happens, Yamaha have their name attached to the tubes and transom (or so I've seen on the 6.5m and 7.5m models)
I was being polite when I made my first comments and I do love it when people put a spin on what I say! I was a bertholder at Ocean Quay and saw the first twenty or so boats that Ben shifted....and he does shift em! I was not impressed at all with the general lack of kwality. I looked at the Gell coat and could see where it was microns thin in places.

Now lets get on to this stuff about Yamaha...do you really think that Yamaha would pick and choose a company as a strategic partner based on boat design and kwality or because they can shift a couple of hundres extra units. As I previously stated the marketing effort is impressive

Out of interest how much are the RIBS you have been been considering
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote