Closed Thread

Old 21 December 2009, 16:35   #101
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
If we can now get a confirmed number from people who WILL buy then I will talk to the supplier, I will NOT buy ten if the order is not there from 10 persons. Also remember at that price to one address there will be an add on postage from the nominated address to everyone that orders. It may pay for those who confirm to buy to also take the option of the slightly higher price delivered?

So to start
C2 RIBS confirms 1 unit 210 gps
Old 21 December 2009, 17:05   #102
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Profit of doom stikes again... have you considered fault/warranty issues? Technically if Mr X buys 10 units from Distributor Y and resells those to Mr's A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J then if Mr C's unit develops a fault his complaint lies with Mr X. I'm guessing McMurdo will probably deal with warranty issues favourable - but technically at least Distributor Y can ignore any issues raised by the users (A-J) directly and only has a contract with Mr X; in theory (although its less likely) so can McMurdo. Mr X potentially becomes a middleman for any headaches etc.
Old 21 December 2009, 17:12   #103
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
Profit of doom stikes again... have you considered fault/warranty issues? Technically if Mr X buys 10 units from Distributor Y and resells those to Mr's A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J then if Mr C's unit develops a fault his complaint lies with Mr X. I'm guessing McMurdo will probably deal with warranty issues favourable - but technically at least Distributor Y can ignore any issues raised by the users (A-J) directly and only has a contract with Mr X; in theory (although its less likely) so can McMurdo. Mr X potentially becomes a middleman for any headaches etc.

So what your saying is we should all order independantly from this supplier offering us this deal and pay the small extra for postage?
Old 21 December 2009, 17:17   #104

Town: Horsham
Boat name: Knot a RIB
Make: Avon Typhoon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 25hp
This is proving very confusing to say the least - can we currently agree on what we are buying and from whom please then we need to discuss how!!

Matt H???

10+units = £178.25 inc (delivered to one address) No RNLI Membership

Chris

Price delivered individually - £183.20 - Order needs to be in by Wednesday latest re VAT changes.

C2RIBS

Price £195 inc delivery to home address

Questions

C2RIBS - Who is your order with - your supplier, Chris or Matt - sorry I'm confused

Matt - I'm not sure if your post is an offer or a quote from elsewhere in this thread - sorry I think I'm losing it

I'm happy to place the order and then send out to everyone once they have arrived here - they can go by courier at £3.99 - but will need payment up front. And as already mentioned I can't do this now until the other side of Christmas.

Whatever happens I would like one unit - the cheapest - and I can pay the person (if not me) up front via a gift on Paypal (no charge)

Phew

J

Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 21 December 2009, 17:29   #105
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post

So what your saying is we should all order independantly from this supplier offering us this deal and pay the small extra for postage?
C2 - I may just be sticking my nose in where it is not wanted, and it has little to do with me as my 'mental safety budget' is already committed elsewhere. I guess what I am saying is the middle man is not making any money but potentially has all the hassle - arranging delivery, dealing with missing deliveries, dealing with faulty units, getting money from people who promised to buy one - but didn't cough up in time, selling that unit when the bugger still hasn't paid up in January etc. And all to save a few pounds. I'm sure there are people on here who are public spirited enough to do that... I'm just suggesting it wouldn't be me - and hoping that the person who does is doing it with their eyes open.
Old 21 December 2009, 17:38   #106

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Quote:
Matt H???

Not me, i was only confirmed what chris asked me to confirm that he confirmed a minute later

blimey, Im confused now, what are we buying??
Old 21 December 2009, 17:42   #107
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Yet View Post
This is proving very confusing to say the least - can we currently agree on what we are buying and from whom please then we need to discuss how!!

Matt H???

Chris

Price delivered individually - £183.20 - Order needs to be in by Wednesday latest re VAT changes.

C2RIBS

Price £195 inc delivery to home address

Questions

C2RIBS - Who is your order with - your supplier, Chris or Matt - sorry I'm confused

Matt - I'm not sure if your post is an offer or a quote from elsewhere in this thread - sorry I think I'm losing it

I'm happy to place the order and then send out to everyone once they have arrived here - they can go by courier at £3.99 - but will need payment up front. And as already mentioned I can't do this now until the other side of Christmas.

Whatever happens I would like one unit - the cheapest - and I can pay the person (if not me) up front via a gift on Paypal (no charge)

Phew

J
Hi KY, sorry to confuse I have taken this from previous posts

Chris states:- I have discussed a deal in principal with a dealer in Bristol.

10+units = £178.25 inc
OR
Price delivered individually - £183.20
Matt H states:- I have been reliably informed from reliable sources that its for the new reliable 210 version!!

That is where I was taking my confirmation from for the GPS 210 as my dealer only offers it at £195. Hope this makes sense. I am happy to confirm I would buy the one unit at the above posts states (my dealer is not going to match this)
Old 21 December 2009, 17:44   #108
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
C2 - I may just be sticking my nose in where it is not wanted
You?
Quote:
I'm sure there are people on here who are public spirited enough to do that... I'm just suggesting it wouldn't be me - and hoping that the person who does is doing it with their eyes open.
I had considered that issue but felt that a good barney might enliven the long January evenings on Ribnet. The busiest thread last year was about drilling a hole in a floor. You're a big spoil-sport!
Old 21 December 2009, 17:46   #109

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Yamaha
Quote:
10+units = £178.25 inc
OR
Price delivered individually - £183.20
Matt H states:- I have been reliably informed from reliable sources that its for the new reliable 210 version!!
[
Quote:
QUOTE]Matt H states:- I have been reliably informed from reliable sources that its for the new reliable 210 version
Chris has asked me to confirm in the above the model number to the site as he was away from his PC,

Nought to do with me

so Chris has confirmed that

10+ units delivered individually that£183.20 is the price per unit for the 210 version

Simples
Old 21 December 2009, 17:49   #110
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
You?

Quote:
I had considered that issue but felt that a good barney might enliven the long January evenings on Ribnet. The busiest thread last year was about drilling a hole in a floor. You're a big spoil-sport!
Don't worry there's still a chance they'll ignore me and then we get to be smug and say "told you so"... I mean its not like there's any precedent for people promising payment here and not living up to it is there?

well I mean not if you ignore Durracom-gate and Christmasparty-gate
Old 21 December 2009, 18:07   #111

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Quote:
The busiest thread last year was about drilling a hole in a floor.
Hey! I started that!!! Do I get a prize??? How about a PLB presented by GarFie?
Old 21 December 2009, 18:40   #112

Town: Alderney
Quote:
I mean its not like there's any precedent for people promising payment here and not living up to it is there?
For what it is worth, ie 2p, I suggest someone gives MSS a poke and asks them to set up a 5% discount code on their online shop.

It is almost certainly not worth the 5.80 doing otherwise.

If not enough people buy from them and they get the hump then I guess that is one bridge burnt, but it saves someone putting their neck & wallet on the line.
Old 21 December 2009, 19:06   #113
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by malthouse View Post
If not enough people buy from them and they get the hump then I guess that is one bridge burnt, but it saves someone putting their neck & wallet on the line.
I guess they could hold dispatch until 10 orders are in. Put in the terms of their Ribnet Discount...

Good idea there Malthouse!
Old 21 December 2009, 19:14   #114
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
Hey! I started that!!! Do I get a prize??? How about a PLB presented by GarFie?
Ooooh, Wikipedia just linked your post to their page that says "Shameless, for example see here"

Old 21 December 2009, 19:20   #115

Town: Alderney
Quote:
I guess they could hold despatch until 10 orders are in. Put in the terms of their Ribnet Discount.
I suspect they would ship regardless, since technically they should not bill cards* until they dispatch.

* Credit cards being another convenience you have to pay for, currently a "good" rate is 2%. At this time of year I imagine many of the 18 interested parties are thinking of exercising the flexible friend. But you can take the price up from 183 to 187 just for that, and still nothing left in the kitty for when Mr Cockup pops in the back door.

If Marine Super Store have the buying clout to beat any other retailer and are prepared to ship unit by unit, to take cards and handle warranty issues then good on em.

Alright, it is a fair cop, I am up to 4 pence now.
Old 21 December 2009, 19:26   #116
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by malthouse View Post
and still nothing left in the kitty for when Mr Cockup pops in the back door.
Ok, here's how it is: JSP asked me to keep an eye on things while he is "away". Technically, I'm supposed to nick you for that, but I'm going to let you off with a giggle as it's a first offence.
Old 22 December 2009, 07:47   #117

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Can we agree on who actually wants to go ahead !!

if everyone who really is prepared to buy now and is ready to place an order replies here today I will share the details later and you can all phone up direct and quote "Ribnet" to confirm your order.

Otherwise lets just forget it and put this thread to bed

Born fiddler
Old 22 December 2009, 07:49   #118

Town: Horsham
Boat name: Knot a RIB
Make: Avon Typhoon
Engine: Yamaha 25hp
Bloody hell - no wonder RIBnet has a bad reputation for group buying - all you lot do is wind yourselves up like clockwork mice then run around squeeking until you run out of steam - is it a man thing!!!

Lets get this back to basics shall we.

The point of this thread was to see who might/would be interested in a group buy EPIRB.

Now we have that list I am happy to source the cheapest Fastfind 210 I can find between now and the London Boat Show. No order will be placed this side of Christmas - so Chris I'm afraid your offer (as the cheapest) will not be taken up by me on behalf of any on the list.

Speak to Chris direct and ask me to remove your name from the list - see above post

Once I have the cheapest price I will post here and let everyone know how its going to work re purchasing. This will be either direct between the sller and the buyer or through me in which case you will need to pay me up front and they will be sent out via courier or collected at the Christmas dinner in Feb.

Rules of the games are:

Please only post here if you are interested in buying one

Please PM me if you are a trade member or RIBnet member with an offer - do not post in this thread

Those interested in buying a Fastfind 210 are:

Knot Yet x 2 - Membership not required
Dan Worth x 1 - Membership not required
C2 Ribs x 1 - Membership not required
Jimbo x 1 - Membership not required
Ian M x 1(maybe 2) - Membership not required
250kts x 2+ - Membership not Required
Chris x 1
Puffin x 1 - Membership not required
Blackroady x 1
Matt H x 1 - Membership not required
Neil Harvey x 1 - Membership not required
Humber P4VWL x 1 - Membership not require
Tony Mac x 1 - Membership not required
Leapy x 1 - Membership not required
Tony T - x 1
Gtflash x 1

For what its worth the waffle that gone on in here has seen a trade price offer £170 slip through the net - so shut the fuck up and just post if you would like one

I'm now in hospital (you will be relieved to hear) - so no posting from me for a few days

Jxx (with apologies for sounding like a dictatorial old fart - which of course I am)

Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 22 December 2009, 08:21   #119

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Engine: inboard/diesel
well said, your'e beginning to learn, you sure were not related, i thought i was the grumpy one
Old 22 December 2009, 08:24   #120

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Yet View Post
Please only post here if you are interested in buying one
Nice one KY...I'll buy it through you. I'm in no rush and won't be rushed. End of