Old 17 February 2004, 20:04   #1

Town: egham, surrey
Boat name: fender
Make: humber
Length: 6.5m
Engine: twin 55hp mariners
What's it worth?

I have a late 80's Humber 6.5m rib in orange powered by twin 55hp Mariner outboards (pullstart, no powertrim) of the same era on a 4 wheel trailer. I had a new s/s fuel tank made and installed last may (tank holds about 110L and is fitted under the center console). I also bought a pair of s/s props last year but due to a delivery delay (of 8 weeks) of main crank bearings it got to cold and the props never got wet and are still in their boxes in the shed. The engine did get its new main bearings and is all back together.

The whole thing was a ski/wakeboard boat for me and my family, but sat here at home with a broken neck and back (motocross, my ex winter sport) i have to look at letting it go as i wont be able to ski for a few seasons.
Any clues as to what a fair asking price would be for this old but very useable boat?
thank you
I will try to get a pic of it on here tomorrow.
Old 18 February 2004, 09:24   #2

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Valuation

How about £5k. One each the engines, two for the hull, half for the trailer and half for the tank, steering and console etc.

Pete
Old 18 February 2004, 09:34   #3

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Re: What's it worth?

Quote:
Originally posted by kevin kerridge
sat here at home with a broken neck and back (motocross, my ex winter sport) i have to look at letting it go as i wont be able to ski for a few seasons.
wow...that's a big deal...hope you're OK and on the mend

Kathleen
Old 18 February 2004, 15:57   #4

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Jesus, I thought.......

I was unlucky only owning a VW Golf (come to think of it, I don't even own that)
Old 18 February 2004, 16:06   #5

On a more serious note.....

Pete7 has hit about the right price. However, not wishing to be negative, it sounds like you need all the help you can get, collectively the sum of all the parts is worth less when sold together (IMHO of course).

If it were me, I'd stick her on www.boatsandoutboards.com where it's free to advertise. I'd stick her in at say, £4950 ono to end up accepting £4750/$4250 if you're lucky.

The obstacle you face is the lack pf PTT on such large engines. If they were PTT you could add another £500 to Pete7's reckoning.

Anyway, get a picture up on here for us to look at, if she's a stunner it could tip the balance i your favour.
Old 21 February 2004, 20:56   #6

Thanks for the input!

Thank you all for your coments and concern. I am trying to find some intresting pics to post up here, but its looking more like snaps of the old bird on her trailer on the driveway. Any more comments welcome (nice ones) I will be advertising to sell shortly thanks again
Old 01 March 2004, 17:17   #7

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/BEM181

Big rib for someone.

Pete
Old 01 March 2004, 20:53   #8

Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4.8m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI
A very smart looking RIB. Great pic - the two outboards look very purposeful!

Robert
Old 02 March 2004, 10:30   #9

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Here's a pic of Mr Kerridge and his rib whilst on one of our poker runs last year
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kk.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	4514  
Old 02 March 2004, 11:23   #10

Well she........

looks the part alright, a very good picture, in fact you should use this on in any ad's you might place.

I still think the PTT is an obstacle therefore - and perhaps others could advise better - I'd investigate the posibility / cost of fitting PTT (if this is not a daft question)! I'd then bump up your price by this amount in order to knock it off when this becomes a obstacle with a punter.

Regardless, she looks well and I reckon you'd get between £4750 and £5500 depending on who comes to view her.

Good luck.
Old 02 March 2004, 20:32   #11

Town: Salisbury
Length: 5m +
Sell as is

Retro fitting power trim twice would cost you the earth , I have just had to replace a power trim motor and quoted around £350 !

You have to refit the whole lot which is likely to be over £1k each for the units and little chance of finding second hand.

The best way to get the best price for the lowest outlay is simply a spanking good clean , touch of paint here or there , clean / polish of stainless , tidy up wires , fix that dial that hasnt worked recently , new strap on trailer winch etc .. etc...

Sell the fact that its a Humber ( great reputation ) & twin engines offers superb family safety & no expensive power trim to go wrong ! & that this boat would cost you £XXXX to buy new.

Dont the 55's have gas assisted struts so not a problem lifting engines anyway

Regards

Arthur Daley
Old 02 March 2004, 22:06   #12

I realy dont want to sell this boat, not because its the most imaculate boat i've ever seen but because it is so perfect for what we use it for. It's so family friendly/safe the kids can skipper it from poole to cowes with the point of a finger without anyone feeling stressed (useally me) and its really nice not haveing to worry where an 8 and 9 year old put there muddy shoes (yes their both boys). Anyway shes going to have to go, as I might have mentioned before I have brand new s/steel props in there boxes which can be negotiated upon other than that im open to offers. If you missed the last post the reason all this has come about is the small matter of my broken neck and back which is going to keep me off the sea for this year (and the mortgage). Thanks to jon fuller for the picture, a great day out, I know he has some great pictures of me in my neck brace,(very fetching) perhaps he might post some of those up for me, thanks jon!!!!!!!
Old 02 March 2004, 22:22   #13

good advice matiboy, the whole thing works really well as is unless you have real need for power trim its not a worry I quite often launch at bater slip and also use the boat on the thames and have only ever lifted the engines to clean under them. they do have assist rams and are not a problem to lift up but as i say unless you get very lost you never have to pick them up anyway. I am skint having been off work now for 3 months and have my wedding looming in 5 weeks I cant be spending out any more cash on the old bird, thats as she comes, If you cant pull up a 55hp with assist rams "get down the gym" thats what I say.
Cheers mate