Old 09 March 2006, 16:18   #81

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
now that is a pisser, hope he did not dissassemble it into too many component parts. last thing you need is a landy in bits when your boat is here
The body is off and in bits - bare chassis and running gear - couldn't get much worse.

No rust at all on chassis so going to sandblast back to bare metal and then coat with epoxy paints as used on oil rigs.

Not too much of a problem now as I have the Discovery but still prefer my 110 - and it's a lot faster being a tuned V8!!!
Old 09 March 2006, 16:32   #82

Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn

Not too much of a problem now as I have the Discovery but still prefer my 110 - and it's a lot faster being a tuned V8!!!

C'mon Codders there's no way you've got a 110

Your Rib looks superb, well done
Old 09 March 2006, 16:56   #83

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
And it's not just you - a certain person in the channel islands seems to think I have nothing better to do than make up some of the things I have done in my life.
Probably the Prosport guys you are referring to
Suppose I and many others agree with them
Old 09 March 2006, 17:47   #84

[QUOTE=ct01] Probably the Prosport guys you are referring to

No not quite!!!
Old 09 March 2006, 17:50   #85

Town: mansfield
Send a message via MSN to osprey__viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by benc
An Amazon certainly accompanies a rib well
.............or a TD5

Nice one codders. Hope you have a lot of fun with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	discsml.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	17821  
Old 09 March 2006, 18:07   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey__viper
.............or a TD5

Nice one codders. Hope you have a lot of fun with it.
Maybe I should borrow one of your HGVs to tow mine....

Only problem I have is the Disco is metallic green - will clash with a bright blue nboat!!!
Old 09 March 2006, 21:14   #87

Boat name: Emperor
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 200hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
nah, its got to be the discovery 3
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00239.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	17824  
Old 09 March 2006, 21:37   #88

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Good to see the RIB afloat

Some interesting features there - I've just spent a couple of minutes tracing your fuel lines, then realised you must have two tanks with one separator/filter per tank. Nice setup.

There's a strange assortment of nuts on the transom though - a mixture of nylocs and dome headed nuts. Sorry to be picky but I'm a stickler for this sort of detail! Anyway, the dome headed ones appear to be on the jack plate bolts - is this correct?

Your drain well looks unusual as it lacks the vertical sides that most RIBs have on this feature, but certainly doesn't need a cover. However, what volume is open down there? If it's a couple of inches either side of the aperture, then no problem. But if there's a large void that can fill up, the bilge pump(s?) could get busy as your elephant trunk isn't at the lowest point.

No doubt you will enjoy the RIB over the coming summer - remind us what's the overall length - just short of 9m if I remember correctly?

God bless that RIB and all who sail in her
Old 09 March 2006, 22:04   #89

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Your drain well looks unusual as it lacks the vertical sides that most RIBs have on this feature, but certainly doesn't need a cover
Why doesn't it need a cover? What use will the elephant trunks be if any surface water goes down the ole and the bilge pumps get rid of it .

Anyway what you all need is a decent car.

A Kia Sportage in Sexy blue.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.04.05 031 (Small).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	17826  

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 09 March 2006, 22:04   #90

Town: Cornwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermob
Your right!

have you seen the diagram in the towing section

There we are, a 4x4 solely designed for towing a Rib, Land Rover wins
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 019 (Small).jpg
Views:	230
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	17825  
Old 09 March 2006, 22:30   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
Why doesn't it need a cover? What use will the elephant trunks be if any surface water goes down the ole and the bilge pumps get rid of it
IMHO the elephants trunks should clear the bulk of any water, but they aren't a completey dry solution, and certainly won't be in Codprawn's Prosport... they are slightly tucked away by the transom knees. Look at the position of the knees - they will divide any water heading down the deck half towards the middle and half to the corner containing the elephant's tube. This won't disappear immediately if there's a lot, so there will be additional overspill to the middle. Best thing to do is send it down the hole. Better again would be to have elephants trunks draining the well. If you drain the water at the lowest point, you have a dry deck.

This is my launch vehicle
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nokia.JPG
Views:	1108
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	17827  
Old 09 March 2006, 22:48   #92

Town: sunny south coast
Boat name: Pride of Bilboa
MMSI: 4
I have a similar hole cut into the deck of my avon for the bilge.. It has a s/s mesh over it, if only to stop my mobile dropping into it at some inoppurtune moment..

And this is my lunch vehicle..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bvan.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	17828  
Old 09 March 2006, 23:32   #93

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Codprawn secretive???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
I think in all fairness there was not much tangible evidence offered up (IMHO)that the boat existed and that indeed codprawn existed as he does not like to meet any fellow boaters. He has kept a very secretive existance and always shyed away from meeting fellow ribbers or communicating socially. I suspect that will have to change now as he will be spotted a mile away and will have to liaise and mingle with the fellow ribbers and ribnobburs as Garf would say.

Codprawns ebay account has started purchasing boat equipment like suzuki manuals etc so the evidence and pictures are pointing towards the boat and codders really existing.................cool

No humble pie here as when i suggested evidence was put forward, none was so dont feel guilty of doubting in the slightest way.

I for one am pleased he is getting his boat and it looks great and wish him all the best, will be great if young codders attends some of the gatherings as i am sure he will have a great time.
Let me get this straight... NONE of you gentlemen has ever met Codprawn? There is doubt he/she even exists? O.K..... I hope I am not overstepping boundaries here being a newbie yank and all... by the volume of posts he/she puts up (no offense Codprawn I don't know if you are male or female) I would have thought he/she was running things over there. I have an answer to your dilemma, that being Codprawn's existence. Since we have seen evidence, or apparent evidence of Codprawn's boat ownership, I think it would be a simple matter for Codprawn to have a picture taken with him/her standing by the boat. Debate over! I will even offer as an olive branch to do the same with my boat when I get it back just so Codprawn does not feel singled out. Fair enough? A boat owner outed in the Isles and one in the States as well! Damn! I feel like applying for an Ambassadorship or something!
Old 09 March 2006, 23:39   #94

Town: Fareham
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwozere
I have a similar hole cut into the deck of my avon for the bilge.. It has a s/s mesh over it, if only to stop my mobile dropping into it at some inoppurtune moment..

And this is my lunch vehicle..
We'll have a Lunch after the Church on Monday

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 10 March 2006, 02:53   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla
Let me get this straight... NONE of you gentlemen has ever met Codprawn? There is doubt he/she even exists? O.K..... I hope I am not overstepping boundaries here being a newbie yank and all... by the volume of posts he/she puts up (no offense Codprawn I don't know if you are male or female) I would have thought he/she was running things over there. I have an answer to your dilemma, that being Codprawn's existence. Since we have seen evidence, or apparent evidence of Codprawn's boat ownership, I think it would be a simple matter for Codprawn to have a picture taken with him/her standing by the boat. Debate over! I will even offer as an olive branch to do the same with my boat when I get it back just so Codprawn does not feel singled out. Fair enough? A boat owner outed in the Isles and one in the States as well! Damn! I feel like applying for an Ambassadorship or something!
Well I HAVE actually spoken to a few people on Ribnet. I don't do crowds and I value my privacy - I realise under Blair and Bush privacy is a rare thing but people should still respect that!!!
Old 10 March 2006, 02:59   #96

Quote:
Good to see the RIB afloat

Some interesting features there - I've just spent a couple of minutes tracing your fuel lines, then realised you must have two tanks with one separator/filter per tank. Nice setup.

There's a strange assortment of nuts on the transom though - a mixture of nylocs and dome headed nuts. Sorry to be picky but I'm a stickler for this sort of detail! Anyway, the dome headed ones appear to be on the jack plate bolts - is this correct?

Your drain well looks unusual as it lacks the vertical sides that most RIBs have on this feature, but certainly doesn't need a cover. However, what volume is open down there? If it's a couple of inches either side of the aperture, then no problem. But if there's a large void that can fill up, the bilge pump(s?) could get busy as your elephant trunk isn't at the lowest point.

No doubt you will enjoy the RIB over the coming summer - remind us what's the overall length - just short of 9m if I remember correctly?

God bless that RIB and all who sail in her

Apparently 8.8m which is near enough to 9 - but as far as the marina is concerned it's 8.5!!!

Yes I am a stickler for such things as well - I warned him if I found a self tapper I would go nuts!!! talking of which I can see me either putting on bigger washers or else a piece of angle right across.

Well doesn't need a cover but it will a look a lot better with one on.

Spot on with the 2 tanks - wouldn't have worked it out by looking at fuel line though!!! Main one fills through deck between 2 rear seats - vent is in back of the jocky - 70 gallons. Other tank is 35 gallons filled through side of console.

Don't know what volume is down there - hopefully not a lot. Jason said he has glassed the deck right up to the transom for extra strength due to transom jack - normally there is a proper well.
Old 10 March 2006, 06:33   #97

And you look like you've got strong knees, young man!
Old 10 March 2006, 08:30   #98

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermob
Nah, this would be the ultimate launch vehicle get rid of the drop sides, fit a permanent cradle on the bed and use the crane to move the rib between cradle and sea
To launch drive in until water is up to windscreen and launch rib over the side.
Might get a bit rusty in time but it would be very quick on the slip Des
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	128.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	17836  
Old 10 March 2006, 08:40   #99

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
And you look like you've got strong knees, young man!
Shame they're nowhere near the engine!

We have a Volvo FL10 with a Hiab crane and it doesn't need to be driven into the water to launch!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lorry and pickup S.JPG
Views:	813
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	17837  
Old 10 March 2006, 08:43   #100

Town: Nutbourne
Boat name: Renegade
Make: Porter
Engine: 140 Tohatsu
MMSI: 235022904
Don't know how we got onto launch vehicles, but Hayling ILBS has this tractor. The tyres are filled with water to stop it floating away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tractor (Small).jpg
Views:	792
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	17838  
Closed Thread