Old 02 March 2009, 12:40   #1

Town: Glasgow
Make: humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: optimax 150
Moving to glasgow

Hi guys I am moving back to Glasgow soon and I am looking for a place on the Clyde to put my boat. Any advice? I have been looking at Kip, Rhu and the two marinas/yards at Roseneath.

Ideally I would get a dry stack to keep my boat but I don't think any are in the area?

Also would be good to be at spot where there are other sociable Rib users too.

On another note just got my stainless steel prop repaired by Clyde marine propellers, they did a nice job and only cost sixty quid.
Old 02 March 2009, 15:49   #2
K&S

Boat name: Riberty
Make: xs 650
Engine: suzuki 175
MMSI: 235063328
http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28349
Old 02 March 2009, 17:39   #3

Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Largs operate a dry berth facility, they keep your boat on your trailer, and when you want to go out, you phone up a few hours before, and they set it in the water and have it all waiting for you, they will even fuel it for you too, as they have a petrol and diesel fuel berth on the water. When your boat is recovered, they wash it and take out the bungs etc. well thats the theory, only they didnt on mine once, and it flooded , on the up side, they replaced my battery for me I found it a bit cramped for space, they've only given a small amount of pontoon space for all the boats in the water, and you'll be rafted 3 deep often which is a pain, especially if you're inside a boat much larger, although they try and avoid that. IIRC a boat of 8.5 meters was about £1100 for 6 months in the summer back in 07 , I didnt use them last year cos I didnt have a boat till June, and when I enquired about the facilty, it was fully subscribed, and after a slot came up, they wanted to charge me the fee for 12 months even though I was only going to be there for 3 months
Old 13 March 2009, 19:26   #4

Boat name: Thunder
Make: Halmatic Arctic 22
Engine: 2 x 150 Etec
The largs dry berthing is great, they charge me £1,600 for a 6.7m rib which sounds a lot but then we use it every weekand and a couple of times during the week as well. I can also say that Kip is good we keep a boat there on the pontoons, very friendly marina.