Now that gave me a much needed laugh!!!
Old 03 July 2007, 22:22   #22

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
[QUOTE=Biggles;208043]

My greatest worry isn't when these people break in to your house, although I would not wish that on any one. Its when these smack heads are wondering the street all spaced out. I say if you legalise it then have places where they can do it safely for us, as well as them. And let them fund it.

You've got that the wrong way around. Where do you think the proceeds of street muggings and other violent? The 5% of their lives they spend out of their heads, they're a danger to no one other than perhaps themselves. It's the rest of the time when they'll do anything to obtain the money for the next fix.
Old 03 July 2007, 22:52   #23

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
[QUOTE=Mollers;208311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

My greatest worry isn't when these people break in to your house, although I would not wish that on any one. Its when these smack heads are wondering the street all spaced out. I say if you legalise it then have places where they can do it safely for us, as well as them. And let them fund it.

You've got that the wrong way around. Where do you think the proceeds of street muggings and other violent? The 5% of their lives they spend out of their heads, they're a danger to no one other than perhaps themselves. It's the rest of the time when they'll do anything to obtain the money for the next fix.

Exactly my point.
Old 04 July 2007, 14:02   #24
RIBnet supporter

Town: Over there ---->
Length: 3m +
Hmm.. I don't know whether I believe that a smack / crack head could hold down a job any sense.

A bit of Coke on a weekend is completely different to being physically addicted to Opiates. (BTW a close friend of mine at Uni went into hospital with accute appendicitis and ended up hooked on Morphine, so its not just illegal drugs that are the problem.)

I have to admit that I really hate the word 'drugs'. It applies to so many substances that vary in their effect / severity / additiveness, so saying 'all DRUGS should be banned / legalised' is like saying something like 'you can catch fish with ragworm'

I don't think all 'drugs' should be legalised by a long stretch, but then I don't think the end user should be punished in most cases either and I certainly think that there are substances that should be licenced or legalised that are currently banned.

IMO there are substances that are illegal that aren't any more or less harmful than alcohol and then there are substances that ruin lives.
Old 04 July 2007, 14:41   #25

Town: Yarmouth, IoW
Boat name: 7up
Make: Ribeye Sport
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc 150 Opti
MMSI: 235057812
A solution

Let them legally get out of their sweet little trees in one place for a month or two, then round them up, stick em on a plane to a country that know how to deal with them. I have a recollection that the Taliban were actually very good at the job the DEA try and do in the US?

Those that aren't dumb enough to fall for it, are probably intelligent enough to get a job of sorts and pay for the next hit at a legalised price with duty (lucky Mr Darling).

Do the same thing every year or two and ...... ever been to Norway/Canada during a seal cull? It ensures balance is maintained in the food chain. Not nice but necessary.