Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Trailer - Thurs 20th June

Can anyone help please?

Does anyone have a flatbed or box trailer etc I could borrow in return for Beer money on Thursday afternoon near to Clanfield, Petersfield, Waterlooville, Portsmouth etc?

I’ve built Pride Rock in my Garage for the school year 6 production of The Lion King and my initial plan of flat packing it to transport to the school in, and on top of, my Discovery was a little ambitious, especially as I’ve had to build it like the Forth Bridge to account for up to 8 x 11/12yr olds standing on it.

It’s 2.44M x 1.8M x 1M but can be stood up on it’s side to transport.
It’s lightweight enough for 2 people to lift – Just.
I need to move it from Clanfield to Old Portsmouth Thursday afternoon, and am trying not to blow the production budget hiring a van.
I’d need one with a 1.8M load space height and 2.44M load space length.

By the way, if anyone tells you Hertz hire Vans by the hour from B&Q car parks, tell them I’ve been waiting 4 days for them to approve my account and Hertz 24/7 don’t answer their phone to enquire why. Oh, and normal Hertz offices can’t/won’t help you.
And anyway, it appears cheaper to hire a van for a whole day when you add on all the costs for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Nasher.
Old 18 June 2024, 13:53   #2

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
Afraid I don't have a suitable trailer and am in the wrong location, but in London at least Zipcar also hire vans at B&Q and other random places, and when I suddenly needed one to fetch a large Christmas toy at the end of last year because my truck was playing up a Zipcar account took < 24 hours to get approved and active, and worked brilliantly for me.

Tags
trailer