Old 31 March 2006, 15:59   #1

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Yoda & Obi Wan
Make: XS700
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 HP
Instructor Required

We have work avaliable for another instructor in Southampton to join us either for the season or as a full time permanant position.

We are looking for a RYA powerboat instructor. Other RYA coaching qualifications in sail/motor/shorebased etc. would also be very useful.

The job involves coaching, maintenance and office work. I have a completely open mind as to the sort of person we are after so if you are interested send me a CV. doug@stormforce.biz , or call for a chat next week.
Old 03 April 2006, 08:34   #2

Instructor Position

Thanks you all for your emails

Having been prompted for some more details here is some more information

We are pretty open minded, we have a lot of freelancers coming in and therefore can bring someone in of any diversity. The pay would be commensurate with qualifications and other useful skills. Someone who was a powerboat trainer, yachtmaster instructor (sail and power) and sea survival instructor would be worth more to us than a L2 powerboat instructor. That does not mean of course we are expecting such a full CV. I would be very interested in hearing from powerboat instructors who have another string to their bow, they need not necessarily be qualified to teach in other areas but would need to be pretty much ready to take a couple of other instructor courses.

Someone with web marketing experience and or small craft maintenance qualifications would defiantly have ancillary skills to offer as well. The most important qualities are of course good coaching skills and a high level of customer service.

I believe strongly in training and someone with skills in some areas who would like to develop other areas would fit in, there is opportunity to train in and coach all level of RYA powerboating, motor cruising, sail cruising and the various shorebased courses. In addition we have various other products in the pipe line. In simple terms there is a full time job here if we find the right person, alternativly there is seasonal work here for a university student.

Stormforce Coaching has been trading 5 yrs, the first 4 as a sole trader and the last year or so as a Ltd. company. At the moment we have two of us working full time and a third person working part time on the accounts etc. We rely on a number of freelance instructors to assist in delivering the product. We recently moved into new premises at Kemps Quay Marina containg two offices, three classrooms and a galley etc. The fleet consist of a Bavaria 36, Bavaria 37, Arctic 22 and Leeway 6.3. we also charter in fairly regularly a Dufour 40, Sealine S41 and a few RIBS (some from forum, menmbers).

We are a training centre and as such the bulk of our work is training, over the course of a year we also take on a few deliveries, a couple of corporate events and some skippered charter we also compete in a few of the higher profile yachting events and coach some racing crews.

If your interested flash me over a CV or call for a chat.

Best Regards
Old 24 April 2006, 17:41   #3

Instructor Appointed

I am very pleased to announce I have appoined a new full time instructor today. Andy will be starting full time next week.

Thanks to all those who sent us CVs etc. We have had a wide range of instructors show an interest and have been impressed with lots of you. There was only of course one position avaliable and as a small business its been a hard choice.

Best Regards
DOUG