Old 21 June 2024, 11:12   #1

Town: cronton
Boat name: scorpio
Make: honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: suzuki 15hp
Fitting a tranducer mount to Honwave 3.8

Hi, Looking at fitting a fish finder to a Honwave 3.8. Read some old posts but just wondered has anyone bought an off the shelf option? Quite a few available for Kayaks, just wondered if they can be used the the Honwave? Thanks
Old 21 June 2024, 15:18   #2

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Hi, Looking at fitting a fish finder to a Honwave 3.8. Read some old posts but just wondered has anyone bought an off the shelf option? Quite a few available for Kayaks, just wondered if they can be used the the Honwave? Thanks
Which version of the 3.8 is it cos if it is the Ie3 this will work

Old 21 June 2024, 15:19   #3

If not there are ones that strap around the tube or on my ie2 I made a flip up one that went over the trim tabs and bolted to the transom. I have used it for several years now and it works well.
Old 21 June 2024, 18:11   #4

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Engine: Honda BF15
RailBlaza make a few different types. You can browse through their stuff here.

Old 21 June 2024, 18:43   #5

Hi and welcome Greggo,

I you want an off the shelf mount, take a look at the mounts available from Boatworld:-

https://boatworld.co.uk/?s=Transduce...t_type=product

However, it is very easy to knock something up yourself.
Old 21 June 2024, 20:28   #6

Town: Up North and right a bit
Make: XS500/Merc340/Bic245
Engine: Mar 60/20/3.5/Hon2.3
We used the Boatworld Borika fittings on our T38 IE2 with those pesky floor tabs. A trifle wappy at full chat but never fell off and transducer held bottom well at most speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1546.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	145258  
Old 21 June 2024, 20:47   #7

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
I am sure there is something that can be cut up and utilized to clear the floor extensions. Think outside the box, and wander around the hardware store, or junk yard. Some scrap stainless could be bent up to work with a few holes drilled in it.

You will need a battery and I found with a smaller Garmin unit the battery required charging from the outboard or the battery dies. For a battery I would recommend a Lithium, but they must NOT interact with salt water or bad things happen. The weight savings is huge though for the amount of stored energy. So a completely sealed battery box would be in order.
Old 23 June 2024, 04:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
I am sure there is something that can be cut up and utilized to clear the floor extensions. Think outside the box, and wander around the hardware store, or junk yard. Some scrap stainless could be bent up to work with a few holes drilled in it.

You will need a battery and I found with a smaller Garmin unit the battery required charging from the outboard or the battery dies. For a battery I would recommend a Lithium, but they must NOT interact with salt water or bad things happen. The weight savings is huge though for the amount of stored energy. So a completely sealed battery box would be in order.
Yup I made one from hardwood for my T38 ie 2 and it has been the best thing I have ever made for a sib. It has stood the test of time. I will upload a pic if I remember when I return home
Old 23 June 2024, 08:06   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
Yup I made one from hardwood for my T38 ie 2 and it has been the best thing I have ever made for a sib. It has stood the test of time. I will upload a pic if I remember when I return home
As have loads of others on the forum.

The specific question was "has anyone bought an off the shelf option"
Old 23 June 2024, 10:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
As have loads of others on the forum.

The specific question was "has anyone bought an off the shelf option"
Kerb your OCD and perhaps learn that this is not your forum and I will post what I wish trying to be helpful. You just tend to answer questions with a flood of other questions. You came on here not so long ago knowing nowt and full of questions now you seem to think you are some sort of SIB Guru.

You havnt even got a T38 or a sib with trim tabs you bought a very heavy sib that fades in the sun, with a poor floor that required you to stuff a sheet of 8 x 4 in the bottom. You then bought a heavy 4 stroke that is barely liftable and had to fashion a sheet of ply into a board to move it about.

Well you ain’t any where near.

You will eventually realise that a T38 ie 3 with a 15 hp yam 2 stroke is the way to go all tried and tested about as light as it can get, from 2 well known brands at a very affordable price. Still hey ho
Old 23 June 2024, 10:25   #11

As I said I will post a couple of pics of the one I made when I get home. Might be helpful for you. I will of course seek the chippys approval first
Old 23 June 2024, 13:27   #12

[QUOTE=Easedalenovice;874945]Kerb your OCD and perhaps learn that this is not your forum and I will post what I wish trying to be helpful. You just tend to answer questions with a flood of other questions. You came on here not so long ago knowing nowt and full of questions now you seem to think you are some sort of SIB Guru./QUOTE]

Says the man who posts more SH1T on this forum than anyone else.

I ask questions to asertain what the OP is hoping to do with his/her sib, and not just come up with a stock answer like someone we know - "Honwave T38 ie3 is what you need to buy, and don't listen to anyone else"

Sib guru, behave! I offer advice on what I know and understand, and if it's pointed out that I'm wrong, I always hold up my hands

Quote:
You havnt even got a T38 or a sib with trim tabs
At last a true and sensible statement, I haven't for reasons I have explained many times. I will always agree that the T38 is an excellent sib and performs better than an SD360, but it doesn't suit all users like you claim it does.

[QUOTE=Easedalenovice;874945]you bought a very heavy sib that fades in the sun/QUOTE]

Can't disagree, it's heavy and I wish I hadn't bought red

Quote:
with a poor floor that required you to stuff a sheet of 8 x 4 in the bottom.
100% incorrect, read my thread about it correctly and learn something

Quote:
You then bought a heavy 4 stroke that is barely liftable and had to fashion a sheet of ply into a board to move it about.
Incorrect again, you're making a habit of this! The crawler board is to help slide the OB into the back of the truck, no more - no less

Quote:
You will eventually realise that a T38 ie 3 with a 15 hp yam 2 stroke is the way to go all tried and tested about as light as it can get, from 2 well known brands at a very affordable price. Still hey ho
And there we have! Nobody else is allowed an opinion. Dennis has bought one, got one, done it, so he is right and everyone else is wrong!
Old 23 June 2024, 13:28   #13

Quote:
I will of course seek the chippys approval first
How little you know.
Old 23 June 2024, 21:56   #14

Quote:
Kerb your OCD and perhaps learn that this is not your forum and I will post what I wish trying to be helpful. You just tend to answer questions with a flood of other questions. You came on here not so long ago knowing nowt and full of questions now you seem to think you are some sort of SIB Guru.

You havnt even got a T38 or a sib with trim tabs you bought a very heavy sib that fades in the sun, with a poor floor that required you to stuff a sheet of 8 x 4 in the bottom. You then bought a heavy 4 stroke that is barely liftable and had to fashion a sheet of ply into a board to move it about.

Well you ain’t any where near.

Sheesh. A simple stfu would probably have done the job but you went 0-100 on poor 'postcount over there.

Old 23 June 2024, 22:01   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipko View Post
We used the Boatworld Borika fittings on our T38 IE2 with those pesky floor tabs. A trifle wappy at full chat but never fell off and transducer held bottom well at most speeds.
I was so pi$$ed off with cheaping out on Borika when the locking latch in one of my rod holders just turned to mush and sent my rod into the water. Luckily I was being a bit over cautious and I had tethered them with a wire trace and I was able to get the rod back.

I don't now much about their transducer mount, it might be perfectly fine but I've no confidence in their brand at all since.
Old 24 June 2024, 07:15   #16

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
[QUOTE=Steve509926;874957][QUOTE=Easedalenovice;874945]Kerb your OCD and perhaps learn that this is not your forum and I will post what I wish trying to be helpful. You just tend to answer questions with a flood of other questions. You came on here not so long ago knowing nowt and full of questions now you seem to think you are some sort of SIB Guru./QUOTE]

How to deal with easdale !
https://www.rib.net/forum/f31/how-to...ser-90369.html

Says the man who posts more SH1T on this forum than anyone else.

I ask questions to asertain what the OP is hoping to do with his/her sib, and not just come up with a stock answer like someone we know - "Honwave T38 ie3 is what you need to buy, and don't listen to anyone else"

Sib guru, behave! I offer advice on what I know and understand, and if it's pointed out that I'm wrong, I always hold up my hands

At last a true and sensible statement, I haven't for reasons I have explained many times. I will always agree that the T38 is an excellent sib and performs better than an SD360, but it doesn't suit all users like you claim it does.

Quote:
you bought a very heavy sib that fades in the sun/QUOTE]

Can't disagree, it's heavy and I wish I hadn't bought red

100% incorrect, read my thread about it correctly and learn something

Incorrect again, you're making a habit of this! The crawler board is to help slide the OB into the back of the truck, no more - no less

And there we have! Nobody else is allowed an opinion. Dennis has bought one, got one, done it, so he is right and everyone else is wrong!
Old 24 June 2024, 08:24   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by User name View Post
Sheesh. A simple stfu would probably have done the job but you went 0-100 on poor 'postcount over there. ]
I don't understand the term "postcount"
Old 24 June 2024, 08:25   #18

Sorry beamishken, don't know what your post is eluding to.
Old 24 June 2024, 14:15   #19

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
Sorry beamishken, don't know what your post is eluding to.
This thread was split from another thread ruined by easdale its self explanatory if you read it although a bit lengthy, one of the last posts suggests directing folk to the thread about him to give folk an insight into his history or just klick the ignore tab

Guys a pure clown & seems hell bent on spoiling every thread not started by him

https://www.rib.net/forum/f31/how-to...ser-90369.html
Old 24 June 2024, 16:27   #20

Ta Ken