DGR

Town: Barmouth
Boat name: Blue Marlin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo 2X
MMSI: 235020218
Bravo 2X...it's stuck...

My RIB has been on the trailer for a few weeks waiting for a Gel Coat repair (well, waiting for the weather to warm up to do the repair), and when I went down to the boatyard to check everything out before putting her back in the water - the outdrive leg appears stuck in the trailer (max up) position.

The pump etc all make the usual noises - solenoids go, pump makes the usual pump noises - but no movement of the leg.

I assume that as it hasn't moved for a while (8 weeks or so) it has just stuck in the up position - but what can I do about it? Is there anything I can do - or am I better of taking it to the dealer to sort out?

The unit is still under warranty - so I don't want to start taking things apart...

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Dylan...

P.S. I am quite surprised that this has happened, even my trailer bearings haven't had time to seize up in the time the boat has been out of the water!! Weird...
Old 24 April 2005, 18:46   #2

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Dylan

sorry to hear of the problem with your B2 leg. Golden rule is that when the rib is on the trailer always keep the leg down
I suggest you call your local authorised service dealer
Old 25 April 2005, 06:26   #3
DGR

Town: Barmouth
Boat name: Blue Marlin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo 2X
MMSI: 235020218
Andre,

Thanks for the reply. I usually do put the leg down when it is on the trailer, but because the repair was 'imminent', and the boat was going to be moved for the repair, I left it up (there is almost no ground clearance with it in the down position).

I've always thought it funny that the manual never said anything about putting the leg down - the only comment on the subject is about leaving it down in the water to make sure that the anodes stay covered to provide corrosion protection - but nothing about trailers!!

I'll give the dealer a ring.

Dylan...