Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old 29 August 2024, 02:18   #1

Town: Stamford CT
Boat name: Grady
Make: Grady White
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzuki
Help Needed Re 2006 Suzuki 140hp Outboard (DF140Z)

Hi all,

I recently acquired a new to me 1989 Grady White 19 foot Tournament that was re-powered in 2006 with a new Suzuki 140hp outboard.

During the day, everything appears fine on the dashboard. The other night though, I was coming back to my mooring and noticed the standard white dashboard light come on. With that light I also noticed red lights showing behind the "Check Engine" and the "Oil" indicator next to it.

The next day I turned the engine on and could not see any red lights showing on the dashboard because of the bright daylight I assume.

Last night, I turned the engine on again at the mooring and saw the same red light but only behind the "Check Engine" and not behind the "Oil" indicator or anything else.

I have pictures to show if there is a way to attach them to this thread.

Any thoughts regarding what I should do? The boat oil and oil filter was last changed November 2023 by the professional boat yard that had been maintaining the boat for the last 5 years or so. They told me they changed the oil and oil filter every November before storing the wrapped boat for the winter.

Thank you,
Jenn
Old Today, 12:24   #2

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
With the oil and filter have they been replacing the powerhead anodes ? They tend to only be good for 12 months regardless of engine hours. When checking your oil, after running it be sure to allow time for the oil to settle before dipping the dipstick. Ive had oil alarms go off around the 100hr service time which have been fine after service. Mine was a 2012 model, which is now sold on.

Tags
outboard, suzuki

« Evinrude 70hp | Top | - »