Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
Mercruiser 1.7 DTI - Thermostat replacement

Hi all,
I found genuine part no. for Mercruiser 1.7 DTI Thermostat - 882604

The only UK Supplier is giving a price of £106 (I'm in Ireland, so with Brexit, not actually looking for a UK supplier).

BUT... £106 seems a bit nonsense for a thermostat?

Does anyone know of any suppliers? (Pref. EU... marineparts.eu doesn't seem to supply).

From the diagram, it also looks like there's 2 gaskets to change when changing the thermostat? (One for the Thermostat cover and another one for the Thermostat housing itself... looks like you have to remove just just the thermostat cover, but will also be loosening the Thermostat housing... they're all held by the same (4) bolts so you'd be loosening the housing too, eventhough you only need to remove the cover).

Thanks all.
Old 11 August 2024, 22:14   #2
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Bear in mind I have no experience of these engines but a quick Google seemed to show prices nearer 45 euros in France and elsewhere in Europe. Many though saying no longer available.

Sorry I just looked about to get an idea but didn't save links.
Old 11 August 2024, 22:34   #3

Town: Howth
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Maybe asking a stupid question but any chance the stat is the same as the road going version? 1.7 Isuzu engine was used in GM/opel/vauxhall cars and vans.
Old 11 August 2024, 23:20   #4

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt View Post
Hi all,
I found genuine part no. for Mercruiser 1.7 DTI Thermostat - 882604

The only UK Supplier is giving a price of £106 (I'm in Ireland, so with Brexit, not actually looking for a UK supplier).

BUT... £106 seems a bit nonsense for a thermostat?

Does anyone know of any suppliers? (Pref. EU... marineparts.eu doesn't seem to supply).

From the diagram, it also looks like there's 2 gaskets to change when changing the thermostat? (One for the Thermostat cover and another one for the Thermostat housing itself... looks like you have to remove just just the thermostat cover, but will also be loosening the Thermostat housing... they're all held by the same (4) bolts so you'd be loosening the housing too, eventhough you only need to remove the cover).

Thanks all.
Try SVB in Germany. I've had loads of orders with them and they're always very efficient.

I've no idea if the Opel alternative will work but you can look up the operating temp range for them online and see if it matches. It's possible the thermostat housing itself is different though. That Opel/GM engine is also used in some Honda's after 2000'ish so that might widen your options.
Old 12 August 2024, 07:50   #5

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
If you remove the stat & take it to a decent automotive parts place (somewhere old school that actually know what parts are) you will almost certainly be able to match it up, not sure if it's the same as the Vauxhall corsa/astra the engine was used in but worth checking. The gaskets will easily be made from gasket paper. No way I'd be paying anywhere near £100 for a stat.