Old 11 April 2022, 18:32   #81

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
I see you are back again Beamish..and with more tales from your imagination. I don’t mind because I enjoy correcting you

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
Gurnard himself admitted he got an approximately 5% increase in speed with his av level but didnt go higher & presumably doesnt know that a prop tweek can help alleviate the ventilation from a higher running prop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
With 20 mm packing piece which is the max packing I can go .. which puts AV plate 10mm above transom level .. the prop is very obviously slipping when accelerating and much more cavitation on turns...so totally unsuitable for my setup and use:rolleyes
If your intention is to belittle me.. do it accurately beamish.. because IMO you are only making yourself look even more foolish by being inaccurate

IMO ..the best information to assist Windsurfer was recently posted by Scooby.. Im reposting it because it may be missed because of off topic rubbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
I'm just back from ribnet trip same boat same engine my engine is 20mm below
Transom 25 mph 11 1/4 pitch prop engine wasn't running quite right only getting to 4400 rpm on returning cleaned carb main jet partly blocked out today same prop and load 28 mph 5000 rpm
Old 11 April 2022, 18:39   #82

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
I don’t think anyone has been out of order to this thread the gurnard is starting the fact and I myself have had the same boat and set up almost the same as the gurnard I think it’s time to put this to bed and we except your apology for the wrong information and look forward to future post from all HH
Old 11 April 2022, 20:33   #83

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
I see you are back again Beamish..and with more tales from your imagination. I don’t mind because I enjoy correcting you

If your intention is to belittle me.. do it accurately beamish.. because IMO you are only making yourself look even more foolish by being inaccurate

IMO ..the best information to assist Windsurfer was recently posted by Scooby.. Im reposting it because it may be missed because of off topic rubbish
Ok so I missed the bit where you said you went up another 10mm after your initial 5% ish gain from the first lift.
However I still think between chipco having a pop at limecc & you accusing folk of "boat bollocks" talk you spoiled what could have been a good informative thread on how to make your little boat go faster.

Sent from my SM-G950F using RIB Net mobile app
Old 11 April 2022, 20:38   #84

Town: Edinburgh
Boat name: Excel Chalanger
Make: Highfield 380 Excel
Engine: 25 Yamaha 25Suzuki
MMSI: 235919522
Man give up