Town: Peak District
Boat name: Plastique
Make: PRO Sport
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF115 4st.
MMSI: 235015228
Send a message via Yahoo to ScottyDog
Old Suzuki engine data

I have a 2004 Suzuki DF115 and believe they have a connection to allow engine data to be displayed on multi-function panels. Is this NMEA 0183 ? I guess I could try a converter as the latest (UHD2) Garmins are NMEA 2000 only...am I correct ? Any other work-arounds ?
Old 08 September 2023, 14:11   #2

Town: Scotland
Boat name: Clyde adventurer
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin Merc 150 4str
Pretty sure it’ll be NMEA 2000 but you need the right data cable. You’ll need to fit a NMEA network as well. Biggest problem will prob be actually finding the cable as they stopped making them some time ago. There’s tons on t’internet about this. I suspect the cost/ effort may put you off!
Old 08 September 2023, 16:35   #3

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDog View Post
I have a 2004 Suzuki DF115 and believe they have a connection to allow engine data to be displayed on multi-function panels. Is this NMEA 0183 ? I guess I could try a converter as the latest (UHD2) Garmins are NMEA 2000 only...am I correct ? Any other work-arounds ?

As @Iankristy says, it will work, eventually, with a lot of head scratching/swearing/money. But is it worth it? You’ll need the correct Suzuki interface cable for your year/model of engine. There have been several iterations since 2004 & they aren’t backwards compatible. So you’ll need to find an old cable that works with your engine. Have a look on the Suzuki owners forum for posts by a guy called Moonlighter, he’s written very detailed instructions & how to’s on the subject. I posted a link to the docs many moons ago here on Ribnet, so make yourself a coffee, get comfortable & have a play with the search facility.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suzuki