Old 19 August 2017, 00:28   #21

Town: Swindon
Boat name: Ballistic
Make: Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 250 Yam 15
Yep YDS I think some of the adverts on ebay probably cover what it can do. But I'll see If i can post some screen images. I paid about £50-£60 from states a few years back for cable and software but it may not be the latest OS but I think v1. 33.

From my point of view I see engine hours history by rpm. There is some static tests, live tests, live data for most of the sensors etc, fuel pressures, TPS, temp, timing, etc etc, plus you get some history and can graph certain data like fuel pressure, over time etc. It can also records some errors and show when these occurred etc. They seem quite complicated engines with LP, MP and high pressure fuel pumps etc and seeing some live data whilst in operation can be helpful. Not sure where your based, but if your in my area/where I travel your welcome to try it.
Old 19 August 2017, 08:27   #22

Town: penzance
Boat name: not named
Make: ski boat
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 HPDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhb100 View Post
Yep YDS

From my point of view I see engine hours history by rpm. There is some static tests, live tests, live data for most of the sensors etc, fuel pressures, TPS, temp, timing, etc etc, plus you get some history and can graph certain data like fuel pressure, over time etc. It can also records some errors and show when these occurred etc. They seem quite complicated engines with LP, MP and high pressure fuel pumps etc and seeing some live data whilst in operation can be helpful. Not sure where your based, but if your in my area/where I travel your welcome to try it.
Thanks for the offer. I've just ordered one from Latvia. Opted to include the cable too rather than cobble one up. I'm contemplating taking some of the data into a dashboard for live readings on a custom gauge, but my main aim is to take all reading & note them to act as a benchmark of normal operation so as & when anything goes wrong I know what good looks like.
Old 22 August 2017, 09:28   #23

Town: Jersey
Boat name: Jazcabel
Engine: Petrol 150
Thanks for all of your help guys.

Took off the black filters that cover the water intake on the lower leg and put up my strimmer cable to clear any debris.

Took out both thermostats and all waterways and thermos were clean with very little crud or salt. Filled the bongo to about 2" above the hydrofoil and started her up. Once I got a tell tale, I place the strimmer cable up the tell tale to reach the poppet valve regulator and a load of crab came out and now I have a strong tell tale.

Water went warm but not hot, so I also know the thermostats opened.

No high temp alarm and ran her for about 10 min.

All good, I think. I've posted a small vid to show.
Attached Files
Old 22 August 2017, 10:09   #24

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanchan168 View Post
a load of crab came out
well thats Lunch Sorted!
Old 22 August 2017, 10:45   #25

Town: Jersey
Boat name: Jazcabel