Old 18 April 2006, 11:40   #1

Town: Wigan
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 60hp, 2st
Send a message via MSN to Broomy
Suzuki fuel fittings???

could anyone tell me what fuel connector is used on the engine side of the fuel line??? its the two pin type i need!!! as shown in the pic!!!

is it the same as mariner/mercury???? i know there can be slight differences inbetween the different makes of outboards, just wondering if anyone can help me out, as our suppliers list a totally different type of connector!!!!

Cheers guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suzuki fuel fitting.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	18551  
Old 18 April 2006, 18:16   #2

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
That 2 pin system is a ball-type check valve, and a locator/locking pin.

The locator pin has a groove that catches a metal locking clip on the mating piece.

The business prong has a spring loaded ball bearing to seal the fuel line; the engine side usually has a little spring loaded pin that opens the port on the engine side, and pushes the ball bearing back on the hose, which allows fuel from the hose into the engine.

[note: This is also why simply disconnecting the fuel line and running 'til the motor quits won't empty the float bowls: the vacuum formed by the closed-off motor connector will cause fuel starvation before the fuel is burned off.]

I don't know exactly what size is used on your Zuke; not that it matters: when I replaced the hose end connector on my Honda 40, I ended up going through 3 brands (all labelled as Honda replacement parts) before finding one that worked, and locked onto the fitting adequately.

Best bet is to remove the parts, and take them with you when you shop for replacements (or better yet, pay the money and get OEM replacements.)

jky
Old 19 April 2006, 09:02   #3

Town: Wigan
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey
Engine: Mariner 60hp, 2st
Send a message via MSN to Broomy
cheers for the info, but the problem is that i work for Mailspeed Marine, and a customer has ordered the fuel fitting, however we list the wrong type for him, basically we have the fuel tank end fitting!!!! i unfortunatly dont have the correct one in front of me to compare the different ones, as the guy lives a couple of hundred miles away!!!!!

i know mariner mercury are the same fitting, really wanted to know if anyone knew off hand if say the Yam, johnson/evinrude etc fitting fitted the Suzuki !!!

any help is much appreciated!!! Cheers guys and girls
Old 22 April 2006, 08:26   #4

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
I see your problem. Unfortunately, I can't help, as I run a Yamaha. The Tempo site lists Suzuki fuel connectors separate from Mercs, though, so I figure it has to be different somehow.

Luck;

jky
Old 23 April 2006, 08:59   #5

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Looks like the type used on Suzuki 4-strokes. The older 2-strokes used a couple of different types, but not a two pin as you have shown. Due to the relative newness of this type, I suspect it may be a dealer part.