Old 13 March 2024, 22:33   #21

Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
Hi Brin, watching and listening to the video again Dennis could be on the right track. It does sound very much like an intermittent spark. I know you changed the plugs, but are the new ones ok, not cracked (might be an idea to try with your cleaned up old plugs) , caps firmly pushed on, HT leads in good condition.

Where are you off to on the West Coast?
Yeah might try again if I get a chance this weekend or even try on the water depending on weather and finding a willing crew

Renting a self catering near loch awe with all the family. I’ve been through a lot of suspected big c investigations lately……although so far…..so good.
But if worse scenario does come my way, got to focus on adventures with family while we can.

If weather gods are kind we’ve still to get the chance to explore the dons promised land…..and to visit family near lochaline by boat if possible as well.With a back up plan to just explore the islands, castles, graves and such like on loch awe if all else fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
>>Tried testing everything and it was fine.
Did you mean by that you've proved the IAC is OK by the manual's tests and also checked the MAP port is clear?
Kind of Fen…....

Checked out the Iac. Wasn’t sure what the duty cycle told you, but was 9% and ran smooth at 850 so seemed ok, with ohms within spec. So left it alone.
Took map off again and checked port was clear as you suggested.
Checked all the other wires for anything obvious the best I could, and ran it again with still no faults within the sds showing.

Some of the further checks and investigations advised in the manual requires a bit more time, knowledge and equipment, not but will see how it goes later.

But touch wood….what ever caused the rough idle has sorted itself out.
Old 13 March 2024, 22:41   #22

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Good luck with that one Brin, hope all the investigations turn out well

Tags
suzuki