Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old Today, 16:48   #1

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Yamaha 75 CETO 2 Stroke Up stop on trim

I need to have a way to auto stop the up trim on my 75 yam because the rear seat will be hit if I go all the way up and that trim motor is super powerful. My idea is to bring a loop of wire from the Positive primary off the up trim solenoid to a Bonnet style switch in the rear seat that it will hit and stop the motor. The hood will as it goes up push the switch and stop the trim motor.

I have found a switch that I can fit in the rear seat at the appropriate and have a way to waterproof it.

I have located the combined relay and also found the part which is pictured below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Relay com.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	146333  
Old Today, 16:52   #2

I kind of think that in the pic the Primary positive from the trim and tilt switch up solenoid (of which there is one on the throttle and one on the hood) will be either the blue or green wire. I can test to find which it is.

I will cut this and solder in a big loop of wire to my bonnet style switch so that when sprung out the circuit will be complete and I can operate my trim switch as normal. When the hood hits the bonnet switch and depresses it it will break the circuit and stop the motor.

This is how I plan to do it. Have any of you chaps got a better or easier idea
Old Today, 16:55   #3

This is the switch I bought. I will take on apart and replace all the metal switch bits with 316 Stainless I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bonnet Style switch.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	146334  
Old Today, 18:14   #4

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
This is the switch I bought. I will take on apart and replace all the metal switch bits with 316 Stainless I think.
Why? Don't take this the wrong way, but do you use your new rib enough to warrant changing it to 316 stainless? See if it works first then cover it in petroleum jelly and see how long it lasts.
Old Today, 20:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
Why? Don't take this the wrong way, but do you use your new rib enough to warrant changing it to 316 stainless? See if it works first then cover it in petroleum jelly and see how long it lasts.
I did think of that but the switch is such a simple beast and I have a sheet of stainless it is a very simple job.

I would have used this rib quite a bit more but circumstances and other stuff got in the way. Also I wanted to fix this issue which is what I am now doing.

Those switches were only £7.99 for 4

Tags
yamaha