Old 27 September 2024, 07:51   #1

Town: bedford
Make: tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard 60hp merc
Yamaha dealer service

I am now ready for a first 20hr service on my new Yamaha f70.

Could someone pls tell me what this is likely to cost as I have been quoted 450 to 550£,

Many thanks Dave
Old 27 September 2024, 22:13   #2

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Engine: outboard
Ive owned three of these and found the first service to be the cheapest at about half that of a 100hr service. Mine were all about $200 and $450au for the 100hr. In Pommy money 100-225 quid.

Now I get one done with the mechanic at 100hr and I do the next 100hr. I managed to clock 995 hrs in 12 months, so keeping service costs down was important.
Old 28 September 2024, 14:47   #3

thats what i thought, i must admit i was expecting more in the 200£ range, will now shop around a few dealers.

Can any uk ribers say whst they have paid recently?

Thanks
Old 28 September 2024, 20:14   #4

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
For the brand new Suzuki 40hp I just bought for our sailing club the genuine parts 20 hour service kit was ~£70 delivered.

So assuming a dealer would spend somewhere between 1-2 hours doing the service I'd assume at minimum £200 fitted, depending on location and how much the dealer charges per hour.

Very rarely are boats cheap!
Old 28 September 2024, 23:45   #5

It's basically an oil and oil filter change. No replacing plugs or impeller etc. It really is a simple quick service, however what a dealership may charge depends on the dealership. Some will charge the full Yamaha stated book service time, while others will charge actual time which is far less unless the mechanic has a list of disabilities. Gearbox oil and engine oil are simply and the oil filter is easy access. The rest is a visual check over. If there are any issues found outside of this, these should be warranty covered.
Old 29 September 2024, 09:11   #6

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
It's basically an oil and oil filter change. No replacing plugs or impeller etc. It really is a simple quick service, however what a dealership may charge depends on the dealership. Some will charge the full Yamaha stated book service time, while others will charge actual time which is far less unless the mechanic has a list of disabilities. Gearbox oil and engine oil are simply and the oil filter is easy access. The rest is a visual check over. If there are any issues found outside of this, these should be warranty covered.
Agreed, you'd like to think it's an absolute max of 1 hour for a pro, but I suspect a lot of dealers charge a bit more time than that!
Old 29 September 2024, 13:54   #7

I had hoped someone had had a dealer first service on an f70 so could actually say how much it had cost them. As I said I I thought that 450 to 550 was pretty steep!
Old 29 September 2024, 21:40   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post
I had hoped someone had had a dealer first service on an f70 so could actually say how much it had cost them. As I said I I thought that 450 to 550 was pretty steep!
Ive had three f70 from new, all very quick easy services at dealers taking under 1hr and costing at least half a 100hr service. Sorry I don't have UK prices for you but going off price exchange rates and the value of dollar, that equates to just over 100 quid. If you were worried about service prices, maybe it's something you should have considered before buying one. I could ring any Yam dealer here and ask the price off that service, have you asked any dealers, after all they are the ones who will do the service.
Old 29 September 2024, 21:49   #9

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:
I am now ready for a first 20hr service on my new Yamaha f70.

Could someone pls tell me what this is likely to cost as I have been quoted 450 to 550£,

Many thanks Dave
Hi Dave, which company (s) have quoted £450 - £550 for what really amounts to an oil & filter change? I think you should be naming and shaming.
Old 29 September 2024, 22:49   #10

Hi Steve, I won’t at this stage but once I have sorted out the service I probably will.

Having done all my own work on my dive clubs Yamaha which I still do and my own previous Mercury I must admit it came as a shock but I am working on shoping around so fingers crossed it gets down to a reasonable amount.

Thanks everyone

Dave
Old 02 October 2024, 20:53   #11

Make: Humber Ocean Pro
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 200HP
Quote:
I’ve had my Yam 115hp 4 stroke dealer serviced recently, a fraction of what you have been quoted. My dealer doesn’t rip me off.
Old Today, 20:17   #12

After shopping around I am down to 250£, still seems a lot but definitely not in the 450 to 550 range.

Tags
yamaha