Old 17 June 2024, 21:49   #1

Town: Ira
Boat name: N/A
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: OB, Gas, 50
Chart-plotter Help

Hello all,

I just purchased a 1989 Zodiac Pro 470 with I nice center console. It already has a GPS and Fishfinder but it is very outdated. I am trying to use my RIB for a variety of things; Fishing, Diving, and helping with Race Committee for Sailing Races. So I would like to have a chart plotter that I can obviously read charts on, have downward sonar, but I would also like to have the ability to mount wind instruments on the RIB. I was offered a B&G Zeus 2 9” from a club member for $200. I only believe that the B&G devices do their forward sonar? This would also need another module add on for the sonar since it’s only a 2nd generation. Does anyone have suggestions to something that will allow all three; charts, sonar, and wind instruments?

Thanks in advance!
Old 18 June 2024, 04:51   #2

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Welcome to the board

As a fellow diver I can attest to side scan sonar being nice to have, but not a requirement. Can't help much past that. Good luck on your search.

Craigslist, Ebay, Facebook market place, along with West Marine, Bass Pro Shops, etc, often have good deals available.