Old 12 December 2023, 02:54   #21

Town: Falmouth
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 150F
Hi, I did a complete rewire and refurb on my console this year, after research between the Axiom and GPSMap went with 2 7” Garmins, had room for a single 9” but twin 7”s gives me more flexibility, often running one as a fish finder and chart on the other, or split screen on one or both for fuel info etc. I’m very impressed with the performance and the charts including the Relief Shading. The NMEA setup was easy too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C203506E-7014-4588-94DA-74DEE2D8B0C8.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	144278

Click image for larger version

Name:	85A7BE33-A5D5-4606-BC4F-007C68DB139F.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	144279
Old 12 December 2023, 10:17   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipster100 View Post
Hi, I did a complete rewire and refurb on my console this year, after research between the Axiom and GPSMap went with 2 7” Garmins, had room for a single 9” but twin 7”s gives me more flexibility, often running one as a fish finder and chart on the other, or split screen on one or both for fuel info etc. I’m very impressed with the performance and the charts including the Relief Shading. The NMEA setup was easy too.

Attachment 144278

Attachment 144279

Navigating the sea of chart plotter options can be as intricate as weaving a compelling narrative. Your quest for a budget-friendly, yet feature-rich device aligns with the diligence of a meticulous storyteller. The Garmin GPSMAP and Raymarine Axiom units, while economically sound, promise a literary journey through seamless GPS/chart functionality. The potential for an AIS upgrade adds a riveting plot twist to your marine saga. Moreover, the prospect of NMEA interfacing with your Mercury outboard to display engine parameters paints a vivid, techie subplot. Your pursuit of the ideal chart plotter mirrors the thrifty ethos of seeking the https://essaypro.com/blog/best-affor...cious-students "most affordable online colleges." Happy sailing, and may your maritime tale unfold with precision!
wow, looks cool
Old 13 December 2023, 09:24   #23

Town: Poole
Boat name: ORCA III
Make: XS500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 60hp
Hi , I have a garmin in the for sale section,this is a multifunction unit ,can use with AIS, Radar , comes with uk maps installed, just needs transducer if you want f/f sonar. £450 inc uk postage.
Cheers Mick.