Old 02 June 2015, 20:58   #21
ncp

Town: California
Make: Avon 5.4m Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip View Post
Jason, have you ever changed the engine coolant?
Ooops, forgot and left that out - but coolant is cheap.
Old 02 June 2015, 21:22   #22

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
I'm OB, I have an ocean of coolant

I think my initial oil change after break in was $200 or so but my local guy is a ripoff, pretty good but expensive. All of them are. $90/hour or more shop rates.

Jason
Old 03 June 2015, 10:24   #23

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp View Post
Ok, let's take "Parker" out of this.

If someone from the US wanted to order a commercial spec 7m from Europe, are they looking at saving $20,000/$40,000/$60,00 off the $120k-$140k list price of a Willard 7.3m?

(I've talked to Zip personally, I have a feeling he finds this interesting too)
Having read many of the US members posts over the years I would say that in the US there is a limited choice of good commercial ribs available for the private person, most probably only ex-military Zodiac Hurricanes and Willards. These two brands are built like tanks and for sure serve the purpose for the Navy or Military especially the Willard Seaforce range say the 7.0 and 7.30. All Navies want diesel ribs hence the Cummins 5.9 for single engine installation with water jet or Konrad drive. This size engine will guarantee the speed but on the down side will take up lots of deck space and vastly increase the price. As for the consoles and seats and all I can say is that I would not want them on my rib. I guess these are ok for the US military.

To give a price idea of a Parker rib the best example would be my current demo rib which is a Parker 750 Baltic and is a 2011 year model. I took delivery in 2012. The original engine was a reconditioned CMD 4.2 270 HP with Bravo 1 drive. I had too many problems with this engine so at the end of last year I had a brand new Mercury Diesel 4.2 320HP and Bravo 1 drive installed. Engine hours to date 51. Max speed so far has been 38 knots with full fuel (220 ltrs in two stainless steel tanks , side by side with transfer valves in the engine compartment for tank selection)

Later in the year I will be putting the rib up for sale whilst there is still lots of warranty time on the engine left for the new purchaser. (This is a worldwide warranty from Mercury)

The price is EURO 68,000.00 excluding VAT which is approx. USD 76,000.00 / GBP 49,500.00 .

Not so sure what the duty is for importing ribs into the US and then there is the ocean freight charge and inland freight depending on final destination

The Parker 750 Baltic in size could be compared to the Zodiac Hurricane 733 or Willard 730 however the Parker 750 Baltic has an overall beam of 3.16 mtr and internal beam (tube to tube) of 1.90 mtr so lots of deck space .
The tubes are heavy duty ORCA 1670 dtex having a diameter of 58cm. At rest the tubes do not touch the water.

The installed radio & navigation equipment reflects on the price as there is a 4G radar, 12” Simrad NSS touch screen MFD, Simrad RS35 VHF/AIS radio, AIS for transmitting and receiving, Structure Scan, broadband Sonar, Sonic hub entertainment , push button electric horn signal, Compass, Echomax radar reflector.
The console is quite high and has a front incorporated two person bench seat with storage space. When heading into the wind you just do not feel it.

To my knowledge there is only one Parker rib in the US and she is kept somewhere in New York waters. The rib is a Parker 900 Baltic with single CMD 4.2 320 HP and Bravo 3 drive. The current owner bought it from an English chap who shipped the rib out to Florida some years back.
Old 03 June 2015, 16:50   #24

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Just to give you some info on ocean freight to the U.S.
To ship a 9 mtr rib on a trailer from Southampton to Jacksonville to quay only it will cost USD 11,250.00 including shrink wrapping