Old 08 December 2022, 22:09   #1

Town: Prudenville Michigan, USA
Boat name: its a ? for now
Make: Sea Eagle Sport runa
Length: 3m +
Engine: '71 Evinrude 9.5 2 s
Attaching. MC stickers

Any suggestions on securing MC registration stickers to an inflatable that'll stick when inflation pressure varies or any other method of attaching.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 09 December 2022, 00:37   #2

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
I took a thicker plastic private driveway sign that was sanded, then cut a couple of squares around 3/4" (19mm) larger than the sticker out of it. Then glued them to the boat with 2 part glue with an overlay of fabric about 1.5" (38mm) wide. Put one layer of glue over the outside of the plastic surface trying not to make it rough. All other gluing will be two coats. Apply sticker and put a heat gun or blow dryer on it gently to soften the stickum stuff for better adhesion. Test heat with fingers.

Here in the USA we have to have registration numbers too. Not hard to print letters and numbers, cutting them out, then trace number patterns onto fabric to cut and glue down. They don't fall off that way and cost is very low. You can reverse this procedure cutting the registrations numbers out of a square block of fabric and gluing the block to the boat, while also incorporating a sticker mount.
Old 13 December 2022, 13:07   #3

Town: USA
Boat name: Smoke
Make: Zar Formenti
Engine: 100
The permanent letters and numbers affixed to my hyphalon hull held up just fine on their own over the 14 years that I owned it (fresh water). No additional adhesive added.

Regarding the annual stickers that also go on the boat, I literally used clear plastic tape (the kind used for shipping) over the sticker. I applied it double (both vertically and horizontally). Did not need to extend the tape that far around the boat sticker to work. Looked ok, not necessarily great looking. Definitely worked and was definitely easy. Cleaned up ok when I sold the boat 14 years later.
Old 21 December 2022, 21:59   #4

Thanks in the reply's, haven't been approached by DNR but I put them on the oars where they can see them, I'll xplain why if ?Ed and see what they say.
Haven't seen any inflatables to ask or see how they attached theirs, since they're not real popular motorized, mostly just play rafts.Click image for larger version

Name:	20220218_130147.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	141946
Old 22 December 2022, 00:49   #5

Town: USA
Boat name: Smoke
Make: Zar Formenti
Engine: 100
Michigan law requires that the three-year watercraft registration decal be attached to the forward half of the vessel on the same level as the registration number. Whether or not someone from the DNR notices that your sticker is not properly affixed to your boat or whether or not they give you a ticket for it is a whole other matter.

I'm on Lake Michigan and in the beginning of summer each year, the Indiana DNR stops a number of boats for inspections. I've never been stopped, but one year my son was stopped when he was out on his new 16-foot fishing boat. He received a ticket from the DNR because he did not have a Type IV life preserver (a "throwable" life preserver) on board. His previous boat was 15 feet, and he previously did not need a Type IV preserver. He had 4 or 5 "regular' life jackets on board at the time, but that didn't matter--needed to have one throwable one also.

So, maybe the DNR will never stop you, but I wouldn't take the chance. My son's fine was a couple of hundred bucks. We also make sure to have our driver's licenses with us, which can be a PITA at times.

Duct tape would also work for attaching your decals. I think that is what some of my neighbors use to attach the stickers to their ribs so that they don't lose them.

Off topic, but my neighbors and I have been to near your neck of the woods a couple of times skiing in years past. I have nice memories of New Year's Eve stays at Caberfae Peaks.
Old 24 December 2022, 19:50   #6

Stickers are due 4/2023 we'll see I can come up with something.
Merry Christmas & a healthy New Year
Old 22 April 2023, 19:56   #7

Town: San Diego
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard, Diesel
These work well and are clean. You’ll glue them to the tubes and can either stack the new tag each year or peel the old ones off and apply the new one. This is assuming your tags are square (as seen in your attached photo).

https://defender.com/en_us/weaver-ma...iABEgJGjPD_BwE