Old 05 January 2021, 15:52   #1

Town: North Bend, WA
Boat name: DAWN PATROL
Make: ZODIAC
Length: 7m +
Console for 7.3M Rib

Hi all,

Looking to add to my existing console or have a new console built for my 730DB. I am located in the Seattle area. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I might have a new console built or have my current console built up?

I would like to add some height and depth to my current console to add some room for more electronics and also move my Garmin displays into a more eye level position where I can actually see them while driving. Currently I am having to duck down to get eye level where I can see my charts and switches. I have a fusion head unit and another Garmin screen to add. I would also like to have some open real estate for anything else I might add in the future (auto pilot, new engine screen, etc.).

Current console Height is 42” would like to be around 50”
Current console depth is 23” would like to be closer to 36”

I have found some consoles online that can be ordered but they aren't the big size that I am looking for.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	135941   Click image for larger version

Name:	ConsoleEE.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	135942  
Old 05 January 2021, 16:19   #2

Make: AB
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard, 40hp
Another option is to surface mount the 2 Garmin devices on top of your current console instead of a larger console. Surface mounting will help for standing because you can angle the displays. Then you can put the VHF and radio where your current mfd is now.

Having 2 mfd's there's plenty of room to display speedo. If you can integrate engine info you can display tach on a split screen. I know my Garmin has a fairly large speed display on the navigation screen. I don't even have an independent speedo, just tachs.

It's a lot of work to swap consoles with all the stuff you have plus saves some $$.
Old 05 January 2021, 23:50   #3

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Engine: Suzuki 250
Also fairly straightforward to cut your console and make it bigger. A little plywood, fiberglass, and paint with some time and you can have anything you want.

Jason
Old 06 January 2021, 03:44   #4

Thanks babbot1 and BigtallJV

I thought about the top mount idea but i would really like to change the console design to be deeper so i have a flat horizontal surface above all the electronics for cup holders, binocular cubby and a place to put a phone and loose items. also gotta love the sleek look of everything being flush mounted.

Might look into to do doing it myself if i cant get it done for a good price.

would love if there was a place to buy a new complete large console- i imagine there has got to be places that do this for a decent price.

I got a quote with Titan boats for one of the patrol TTop consoles with roof and windshield and this was 30-40K CAD. That would be a major upgrade.
Old 06 January 2021, 11:37   #5

Make: AB
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard, 40hp
defender.com has a decent selection of premade consoles. If you don't find the one you like it may point you to brands who make them in other sizes.
I have been to the warehouse in CT and the people are very helpful if you want to give them a call with questions. I see you are across the country so shipping wouldn't be cheap.
Old 19 January 2021, 21:14   #6

Town: New Jersey
Make: 733
Engine: Yanmar
After looking at your pics, if I were you, I'd just mount the screens with the brackets supplied by the manufacturer on the top of the console to free up dash space. This is the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to go. Any other option is alot of time and money.

If you are dead set on it, I'd have a local fiberglass guy add to the top of the existing console. Still way cheaper than a whole new console.

You mentioned spending 40k for a titan console. So, If you are really gonna do a major upgrade, you can design whatever you want. Maybe add a much larger seat and storage space onto the front. Think daybed size. Telescoping t top to shade that seat. Maybe even recess the deck and fit a small head in there. Something like that from a fiberglass shop has got to be half the price of the titan console.
Old 26 January 2021, 19:25   #7

I got quoted $15,000 to add to my existing console. Completely Insane.

I have found a company in Florida that makes brand new consoles with a much better design and plenty of room for electronics for $1200. I am working on purchasing one of these and getting it shipped up here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00303_dYbcyuUtSNJ_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	136155   Click image for larger version

Name:	01414_6G3xmj9vO4w_0ew0jm_600x450.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	136156  
Old 26 January 2021, 23:05   #8

Town: Cornwall
Boat name: Matchless
Make: Ribcraft 6.8m
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 3.4l 225 V6
MMSI: 232028056
RIBase
Ring RC US or RC GB and ask them for a quote? The prices you are talking about are mental
Old 27 January 2021, 01:48   #9

Town: San Diego
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Inboard, Diesel
Check out marineproducts.net

Birdsall Marianne in west palm beach Florida. I’m in Southern California, but they make really good stuff.

What dimensions are your current footprint (bolt pattern) on the floor? Curious if you’ve though about how you’ll reattach your tower to the new console.
Old 28 January 2021, 20:12   #10

Town: Birmingham
Length: 5m +
Hi,

We are a company based in the Midlands birmingham uk., we make a variety of screens to the clients spec. if you require any boat screens, please get in touch. You can find us on Facebook @ custom boat screen solutions

Please share

Tags
rib