Old 02 September 2011, 23:02   #21

Town: Stuart, FL
Make: Willard 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x 175 Suzuki's
Might help might not.

I had both cones falling apart so i fixed them, fingers crossed. I took a zip lock bag cut it in half then wrapped it around the cone. I took a sharpie and traced the inside and outside of the cone tape seam then unrolled it and cut it out. Layed the template on a piece of hypalone and traced it then cut it out. and their i was two good to go copy's of my cone seams. just remember to add 2" - 3" of extra material on one end, following the same contours so you get the overlap you will need for a good seal. Sorry i did not take more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1086.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	62279   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	62280   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1101.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	62281  
Old 04 September 2011, 18:15   #22

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
My last RIB was an early Hurricane, and I believe it was Strongon. I was rear-ended while pulling the boat, and ended up with a 3' (as in foot) tear in the front tube. The insurance company agreed to write the boat off because the dealer said it "couldn't be repaired properly".

The dealer bought the boat for nothing from the insurance company however, repaired it and sold it back to me. I then sold it to a friend who used it hard for six years. He sold it to another guy who used it as a tender for a few years and then traded it in. I saw it on a website for sale a couple of years ago... it had a new engine, but that "unrepairable" tube was still in use.

Considering that the bow tube takes a hell of a lot more abuse than that little cone does, I would certainly try the repair first. If it doesn't take properly, you can always go to "Plan B"...

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote