Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBnet North America
Click Here to Login

Old 17 September 2024, 22:43   #21

Town: Maryland
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 540
Length: no boat
and then everything changes lol. Looking at a local trailer that is newer this week. Venture VAB-3325 that is a 2019. Looks like it should fit and seems to allow some bunk changes. I will just need to replace the bearings and whatnot as they are orginal.
Old 22 September 2024, 02:28   #22

Picked up new to me trailer. I will need to do some maintenance tasks but great overall. I sanded the top of beams and will clean and put some ceramic coating on it. This only makes it prettier and better to clean.

https://www.rib.net/forum/members/20...cture8884.jpeg
Old 22 September 2024, 04:32   #23

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Had a 550 pro with a Yam f70 which was surprisingly good with such a small motor, however a 90hp would of been better for those rare days when the weather allows for more speed. Even the 70 would have the boat airborne without having to run at full rpm.
Ive now got a 500 pro with a merc 60 and a little centre console 4.45 glass boat with a F115, where the performance difference really isn't that much better going from 70 to 115, maybe 6-7 knots.
Old 25 September 2024, 01:59   #24

jonp - I would have thought moving to 115HP would have been a better gain.

Should have boat parts within a week. Battery in and power trim, anchor light, tach light, and compass light work. Bow and horn not so much lol. Trying to get a couple old but good condition metal tanks. Will try and drop by the Smoove store as they are local for some compound and etc. Nonskid is five steps beyond chalky white, so I am skeptical.

Boat is likely too small for trailer due to me making a stupid assumption . I will make it work (safely) for a while and then look for a different trailer. At least I have something for now.
Old 26 September 2024, 12:23   #25

Town: kansas city
Length: 4m +
At least you are making steps in the right direction!
Old 26 September 2024, 13:50   #26

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufius View Post
jonp - I would have thought moving to 115HP would have been a better gain.

Should have boat parts within a week. Battery in and power trim, anchor light, tach light, and compass light work. Bow and horn not so much lol. Trying to get a couple old but good condition metal tanks. Will try and drop by the Smoove store as they are local for some compound and etc. Nonskid is five steps beyond chalky white, so I am skeptical.

Boat is likely too small for trailer due to me making a stupid assumption . I will make it work (safely) for a while and then look for a different trailer. At least I have something for now.
My 550 was the pro tour, so a bit lighter. I also have a pro 500. I don't have seats in any boats I ever own, so keep them very light hence why the f70 was ok on that one. I do have an f115 on my heavier little 445 but that isn't a rib.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1904.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	146263  

Tags
zodiac