Old 02 July 2024, 09:05   #21

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
If you look closely at that trailer it has been painted and looks like most of it is in the same state as the bent bit
Yep, I see the crude paint job. It might all be scrap, but a lot of the time it can be caused by the way the trailer was left parked up with water trapped in the box section. You'll sometimes find it's much more rotten on one side than the other so it's worth going through it and seeing if it's salvageable.
Old 02 July 2024, 15:26   #22

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliee View Post
I'd be having a chat with the seller - its worth ago - on the trailer front he sold you a pup!
Not sure he will get far there. I think it was a private seller and it is 'Buyer Beware' I wont quote the Latin cos that just makes you look like a big head
Old 02 July 2024, 21:46   #23

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by User name View Post
Yep, I see the crude paint job. It might all be scrap, but a lot of the time it can be caused by the way the trailer was left parked up with water trapped in the box section. You'll sometimes find it's much more rotten on one side than the other so it's worth going through it and seeing if it's salvageable.
My thoughts too, worth investigating before tipping potential 3k+ into a new trailer. If it is below 750kgs then it will be pretty close & leave no margin for carrying extra fuel or gear which is fine if your only going local but not so great when your going on holiday and need to fit the kitchen sink in somewhere.
The other thing is 750 kg trailers tend to be bare minimum to get the weight down, minimal materials & strength, minimal rollers etc where a higher capacity will have better rollers & bow stay, winch etc & bigger diameter tyres which heat less. A good inspection & temporary repair would help the op decide which way to go once he has a few trips under his belt (assuming it is actually legal of course)
The potholes in uk roads regularly damage wheels & suspension on perfectly good cars, hardly likely to get any joy from the seller.

Tags
trailer