Old 18 December 2023, 19:38   #1

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Motorised Jockey Wheels

Just wondering if anybody has tried one or these (guess china ) units which seem widely available
I have a situation (in the end of a cul de sac) where i need to unhitch my single axle 1600kg trailer 6.5 metre rib ,spin it round and reverse it back into my rear garden .........only a short distance over level tarmac and block paving
Been a bit slow to enhance this sort of technology as it always seems to cheap to be any good but think thats an age thing as i found out with the C winch .
so anybody tried one in the £2-£300 bracket and can offer any thoughts as over 60 with arthritis setting in ,and needing a bit of push
thanks for any hints /pointers
Old 18 December 2023, 21:16   #2

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
You may find this thread helpful :-

https://www.rib.net/forum/f49/tracke...ver-87548.html

Not sure if Gazzago is still around, but maybe drop him a PM
Old 19 December 2023, 00:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
... it always seems to cheap to be any good ...
so anybody tried one in the £2-£300 bracket
The last thing I'd want is you to feel you'd bought cheap and bought twice... So...

If you want to pay be £950, I will sell you one of these units.
Old 22 December 2023, 07:00   #4

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Seabadger 2
Make: Delta / Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 7m +
Engine: Various
MMSI: -
I am in a similar situation where I store my 7.5m 2ton+ rig on twin axle trailer. I use an old bolens ride on mower I inherited. Its only 16hp but has a very robust hydrostatic drive and good grip. I can move my boat easily up and down my gravel drive and turn very tight corners. These mowers seem to fetch £300-500 on Ebay. Think the model is Bolens LTX. I've got a manually powered jockey wheel thing too but the tractor is so much easier.
Old 22 December 2023, 16:23   #5

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Just wondering if anybody has tried one or these (guess china ) units which seem widely available
I have a situation (in the end of a cul de sac) where i need to unhitch my single axle 1600kg trailer 6.5 metre rib ,spin it round and reverse it back into my rear garden .........only a short distance over level tarmac and block paving
Been a bit slow to enhance this sort of technology as it always seems to cheap to be any good but think thats an age thing as i found out with the C winch .
so anybody tried one in the £2-£300 bracket and can offer any thoughts as over 60 with arthritis setting in ,and needing a bit of push
thanks for any hints /pointers
If it's a straight (ish) pull, could you use an electric winch, either mounted on the trailer & pulling on a fixed point or two. You could actually go around a bend using this method, by having several fixed points along the route, you can pull from one to the next. Failing that, fix the winch to the ground at the final resting place & pull the trailer to the winch.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2023, 09:30   #6

Town: Beckenham
Boat name: No Name
Make: Highfield
Engine: Outboard Suzuki 30HP
I've only got a 3.8 M RIB but I have to back it into my driveway between a tree and a council road sign. I would like to fit a tow hitch to front of my vehicle to make it easier.