Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Inflatable boats - SIBs and folding RIBs
Click Here to Login

Old 30 April 2022, 22:44   #1

Town: Redcar
Boat name: Wetline 300AD
Make: Wetline
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8hp 4st
A walkaround my sib setup, perhaps will give ideas for yours. Weighed everything too.

https://youtu.be/CECCPbCw8PM

I've been an ocd freak boating it up in the back garden calculating my typical payload weight.

48kg Sib with wheels/brackets etc around 6kg and a near 3kg engine riser (it's tricky trying to weigh properly)
39kg Engine (I assumed 37kilo before) maybe the foils weigh abit!
1.5kg Oars
16.5kg Boat bench, seat (6.5kg) and bag with pump, socket set, extra clothes, bt speaker and some ginger biscuits to prevent me being seasick pahaha
10kg Fuel usually
2kg runner rug
6.5kg flexi bucket with 2.5kg anchor/rope/chain, drogue, net, life jacket
6.5kg tackle bag
6.85kg battery box with 2x 7ah bats/fish finder/radio/repair and service kits inside

Total 135kg ish!

Finally the idiot in control (me) weighs 83kg, the cheeky gets in the manual suggest each person is assumed at 75kg lol. Although Blippi on the absolute king of seats don't look it haha. 85kg with normal clothes and trainers, fair bit more if wearing waders

Total payload around 220kg

Didn't take long and was stressing the outboard engine riser I made by moving the sib about on the grass.
Old 01 May 2022, 10:28   #2
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Hi and welcome to the forum. Rare a new poster comes on here with a fully sorted outfit.

Do you sit in that seat when under way and stretch to the tiller or kneel on the floor? I noted your significant transom riser as shown in the other thread... is that a longshaft outboard (it didn't look like it to me) or a very short transom?

I assume this is a daily set up outfit... not on a trailer?
Old 01 May 2022, 11:12   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum. Rare a new poster comes on here with a fully sorted outfit.

Do you sit in that seat when under way and stretch to the tiller or kneel on the floor? I noted your significant transom riser as shown in the other thread... is that a longshaft outboard (it didn't look like it to me) or a very short transom?

I assume this is a daily set up outfit... not on a trailer?
Hello mate. I joined the hobby and sport last February and added bits here and there to a decent, safe and comfortable standard.

Nah I only sit on that when drifting or stopped in one spot for a while. It's solid, doesn't flex (bench seat is like 2" thick fibre glass reinforced with god knows what plus abit of steel or alloy)

When going slow I'll sit on the tube, when going faster than displacement speeds I'll slouch into the deck holding over the front bench or battery box as feel alot safer that way flying along.

Oddly enough it's a bog standard bang on 15" transom exact, however the strange tohatsu 9.8hp 4st 2005 engine is an 18" shaft. Claims to be 17" in the manual so god knows who converted units and came out an inch bigger lol. A marine expert I spoke to was bamboozled never seeing such an odd size thinking perhaps it's had the leg changed but it hasn't lol. A standard or short shaft can be anywhere from 15 to 20" in effect, it just so happens mines stupidly 18 arghh. Most tohatsu's are usually 17.1. But this year tohatsu have altered the leg and claim very near 15" leg now.... I guess they've been listening to user input for a better sized shaft especially given what use they usually go on.
But yeah it's a big 6cm rise, I'll tether to both eyelets nice and tight each time just incase. No trailer, leaf blower up then pressurised with a sevylor pump in probs under 6mins. I'm gunna make a spare bench seat with my other seat bag just incase I want the space for whatever reason 👍
Old 04 May 2022, 15:04   #4

Town: Dixon
Boat name: "H8 2 Swim"
Make: monaco yachtsman
Length: 4m +
Engine: OB
Very nice rig.
Old 05 May 2022, 11:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARYSHORT View Post
Very nice rig.
thanks mate. It's plenty big enough for me. Any heavier then would probably start ruining the old back for life haha. You already feel it in the lumbar from shifting the sib and motor in and out the car lol

Tags
sib