Gaz

Town: Poole
Boat name: Spearfisher
Make: Bombard
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
Placing a foam at back transom will solve the back splash problem, on the other hand if using as factory delivered, tail will have more water drag and engine slight less rpm at wot, both issues lessening overall sib performance. If you want boating perfection, a transom rise as explained is the way to go specially if using portable Tohatsu, Mercury, Nissan engines which are same natural water splashers brothers if not corrected height seated.

This 360 sib with a Tohatsu 18 HP short shaft had horrible water splashes at back transom. Raised transom accordingly at shop, once engine was correct trimed and sib well ballanced, owner couldn't believe the difference once on plane.

Happy Boating

Thanks Loco, but Davenport is suggesting that because we have a steering wheel on our boats, and sit further forward (moving the weight forward), the raising of the transom doesn't quite cure the water splash in the same way.

Anyway, I'll have a fiddle using both methods and see what happens.

Davenport: I'm probably not going to get out on my boat much this season now anyway. I work abroad a lot, and by the time I get back from my next stint we will be well into winter, so I'll have to wait and see how I feel about getting in the water.

Maybe we could hook up some time next season?

All the best,

Gaz