Click Here to Login

Old 17 September 2024, 15:06   #61

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
Me and my friend lifted the Excel they had on the stand. I seemed very heavy to me. I think it was the Scout but not sure of the length. Their HDPE boats they had on their stand were very interesting. I was offered a sea trial down on the pontoons and for some reason I said No ��*♀️. Now I wish I had have given one a go
If it was the Scout it was the 360 Aluminium floor model which weighs in at a heavy 78kg.

The rotomoulded boats they had do look good, but like all rotomoulded boats they age very quickly and soon start to look scruffy. I've had quite a few rotomoulded kayaks, good pieces of kit, tough as old boots and last forever but never look good after a few trips out on whitewater.
Old 17 September 2024, 21:12   #62

Make: Zodiac
Engine: Mercury 20hp
Explorer Pro - looks great! As you know Steve I've got half an eye on something 10kg lighter than my 50kg boat that can take a 20hp and won't under-perform if I downsize to a 9.8.

I might be interested in the Explorer Pro 330 depending on the specs, but boats of that length that can take a 20hp are few and far between. Really glad to see those trim tabs go - never fancied those wheels with the big angled brackets!

Still considering the Boatworld Carbon Pro with the Air-deck - 48kg, and 90cm inner beam!
Old 17 September 2024, 21:28   #63

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
If it was the Scout it was the 360 Aluminium floor model which weighs in at a heavy 78kg.

The rotomoulded boats they had do look good, but like all rotomoulded boats they age very quickly and soon start to look scruffy. I've had quite a few rotomoulded kayaks, good pieces of kit, tough as old boots and last forever but never look good after a few trips out on whitewater.
That makes sense it certainly was heavy when we lifted it.

The Rotomoulded boats had a lifetime Guarantee
Old Yesterday, 22:07   #64

Steve I went to the Southampton Boat Show today and saw the Excel Explorer Pro 330.
It looked really impressive... lots of cool little details. The guy I spoke to said they'd added some handles on the outside around the middle, and had moved the position of some of the grab handles on the top of the boat. He said that in terms of weight:
330 42KG (rated to 20HP)
390 47KG (not sure of HP but likely more)

also apparently the boat will fold up into 110x50x60cm.

I picked up the 330 with the Excel guy and it did seem light - like the quoted 42kg... a tempting prospect. Only downside was that it did seem quite small inside - inner beam was more like a t38 or perhaps slimmer....
Old Yesterday, 22:24   #65

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
I picked up the 330 with the Excel guy and it did seem light - like the quoted 42kg... a tempting prospect. Only downside was that it did seem quite small inside - inner beam was more like a t38 or perhaps slimmer....
Hi Tonus, hope you had a good day at the Boat Show.

I'd agree the 330 does appear narrow but I think you have to compare it in size with the Honwave T32, against which I think it compares very favourably.

I think the 390 should be compared with the T38 which can't be done until Excel come up with the full specs, but I fully expect it to be very similar in size to the T38.
Old Yesterday, 22:43   #66

That’s true Steve - it def would be a T38 alternative. I saw a Honwave T38 in the flesh for the first time today and didn’t love it. Too narrow at the bow as you say and it looked a bit dated. I bet it handles annoyingly well though!
The Excel Explorer Pro was a little upturned at the bow too but had a wider ‘D’ shape to it which helps.

BTW did also like the Boatworld boats a lot - the Carbon 365 and the Explorer 320 - roomy!

Tags
inflatable