Old Yesterday, 11:58   #1

Town: Sofia, bulgaria
Boat name: Narnia II
Make: Honwave T38 IE3
Length: 3m +
Engine: BF20
Bravo pump GE 21-1 - O&M

Stumbled upon a cheap Bravo GE 21-1 pump in mint condition (not stolen, hopefully). Guy told me the pump was used 2 or 3 times in 2 years. It pumps well, battery is still in great condition, but some things seem strange. If anyone has the same or similar pump, please give your advise.
First one is the oil that is visible inside the outlet port. I also have an Itwit pump, a generic brand two stage pump and a Lidl stock Mistral pump, and they are all oil free (yes, 3 pumps is too much already, but each one of them irritates me in its own way - slow, unreliable, short cable or hose etc ). Are bravo pumps that different. Do I have to lubricate the piston occasionally. There's nothing mentioned in the manual, except that the output air is "not fit for breathing". And if there's oil in the pumped air, can that damage the tubes in some way in a long run. Oil has no smell, so i suppose it's silicone based or some other synthetic oil, but who knows.
Second concern is about the battery charge. There's only indication when battery is dead (a red light should appear on the pressure gauge), but no indication when it's fully charged. On top of that, overheating will engage the same light. How can I distinguish between the two indications and how can i plan when to charge and for how long. Its ridiculous to miss this functionality for a pump at that price range.
Third one is the manometer that jump like crazy when pump is running. Is that normal for these pumps. When it stop at the setpoint the pressure reading is correct, but during inflation the gauge is completely useless. Pressure bounces 20% up and down, especially at the higher pressures.
Overall a good pump so far, but it leaves the impression that something is off.
Old Yesterday, 15:52   #2

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
I have one and I don't like it at all. I prefer the itiwit pumps
Old Yesterday, 18:49   #3
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
The standard Bravo pump of the past decade such as the digital or dial versions of the BTP12 out perform pretty well every pump on the market. I am not familiar with the GE 21-1 other than looking it up just now but it sounds as if yours is possibly faulty in several areas.
Old Yesterday, 20:26   #4

Town: Sofia, bulgaria
Boat name: Narnia II
Make: Honwave T38 IE3
Engine: BF20
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
I have one and I don't like it at all. I prefer the itiwit pumps
The bulkiest bag for sure, which for some reason is also thermally insulated and might fit couple of beer cans. Also noisy and heavy, but pumps like crazy, especially boat high pressure floor and SUP boards. Still have mixed feelings.