Old 01 July 2024, 17:34   #1

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Budgees Boat Bash

Now this fellow is a real credit to the Hobby.

Have a watch of his video and give him a like and some support.

Me and Her indoors would have loved to have been there but we were on our way back from Skiathos

Old 01 July 2024, 21:33   #2

Town: Frinton-on-Sea
Boat name: RibRoulete
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 150 FBW
MMSI: 232043399
Attempted to watch, lasted 3 minutes. Self promoting / Important Tube plonker thats just total cringe!
Is the fella related to Timmy Mallet or just on helium?
Old Yesterday, 04:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhill View Post
Attempted to watch, lasted 3 minutes. Self promoting / Important Tube plonker thats just total cringe!
Is the fella related to Timmy Mallet or just on helium?
He organised an event and invited lots of people and they all had a good day. Have you ever done the same or do you just prefer to brag about how big your boat is. Never seen you post anything interesting or entertaining. Perhaps if you can’t say somthing nice say nothing at all. His voice is his voice and I would rather go out with him any day than you Mr ‘Why don’t you all follow me to the whirlpool’ cos I am so big and brave
Old Yesterday, 09:14   #4

Town: W Midlands
Make: C-Fury Patrol
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha F 50
He seems down to earth and working hard using his YouTube Channel to support a hobby he enjoys.

I watched the video because we are heading down to wareham for a week soon with the caravan and will take the SIB with a view to going out from poole Harbour to Studland.

His son seems very happy to be part of the adventure, in my experience getting teenagers to be enthusiasticly involved in anything with their parents is quite a skill, which my kids would probably say haven't developed. So, hats off to Budgee for his dad skills!
Old Yesterday, 11:13   #5

Town: Frinton-on-Sea
Boat name: RibRoulete
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 150 FBW
MMSI: 232043399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
He organised an event and invited lots of people and they all had a good day. Have you ever done the same or do you just prefer to brag about how big your boat is. Never seen you post anything interesting or entertaining. Perhaps if you can’t say somthing nice say nothing at all. His voice is his voice and I would rather go out with him any day than you Mr ‘Why don’t you all follow me to the whirlpool’ cos I am so big and brave
Was there a question in there or just a rant?

Where am I attempting to "flex" and or boast at the size of my appendage?

Sorry I cant entertain or interest you though ill take that as a compliment, thanks!

It could also be the microphone he is using or the way he has edited / mixed the sound levels!

Ahh, someone took the time to show & advise me of what was safe and not so safe to do in that area, sometimes its nice to pass that knowledge on without an agenda along with with the safety in numbers.
If thats ok with you?
Old Yesterday, 12:13   #6

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 25hp
MMSI: 235933026
Seems a nice down to earth fella. Tells it like it is as well, warts and all. Seen him lose an engine towing an inflatable, let the towing line go slack and then accelerated at a right angle to the inflatable, flipped the sib.

I was planning to join in but my outboard had other plans......
Old Yesterday, 15:16   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhill View Post
Was there a question in there or just a rant?

Where am I attempting to "flex" and or boast at the size of my appendage?

Sorry I cant entertain or interest you though ill take that as a compliment, thanks!

It could also be the microphone he is using or the way he has edited / mixed the sound levels!

Ahh, someone took the time to show & advise me of what was safe and not so safe to do in that area, sometimes its nice to pass that knowledge on without an agenda along with with the safety in numbers.
If thats ok with you?
Not Read your post above, But

You had a go at a normal decent bloke doing something in the hobby and helping others because you think you are somehow better than him and want to curry favour with the nasty people on here. This was observed at Easedale. Well old mate you aint that special.

Whinge all you like but you posted something nasty and you know it
Old Yesterday, 15:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
Seems a nice down to earth fella. Tells it like it is as well, warts and all. Seen him lose an engine towing an inflatable, let the towing line go slack and then accelerated at a right angle to the inflatable, flipped the sib.

I was planning to join in but my outboard had other plans......
Yes he is one of the most honest unassuming people in this hobby
Old Yesterday, 15:23   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung at Heart View Post
He seems down to earth and working hard using his YouTube Channel to support a hobby he enjoys.

I watched the video because we are heading down to wareham for a week soon with the caravan and will take the SIB with a view to going out from poole Harbour to Studland.

His son seems very happy to be part of the adventure, in my experience getting teenagers to be enthusiasticly involved in anything with their parents is quite a skill, which my kids would probably say haven't developed. So, hats off to Budgee for his dad skills!
Yes if you watch that video and other videos of his he seems to be a very good Dad and also good with other Children. He has inspired several in the hobby through his you tube channel and I am sure will continue to do so
Old Today, 10:41   #10

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
I wish we had little get-togethers' like that here buy we're just too small of a market. Fair play to him for organising it and it looks like great craic.
Old Today, 13:45   #11

Town: Farnborough
Boat name: Narcissus
Make: Cobra
Length: 7m +
Engine: Optimax 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by User name View Post
I wish we had little get-togethers' like that here buy we're just too small of a market. Fair play to him for organising it and it looks like great craic.
We used to, it’s how I met many of the old members. Might only be 5 boats on the water, but it was a laugh.