Old 11 August 2024, 19:46   #1

Town: Gelderland
Make: DSB and Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard Volvo Penta
Classic Boats/Engine (DSB 504M, Zodiac 1225)

Hello,

Today I tried to repair my Zodiac from 1976 and hope it will work out.

My Dad needed a new dingy and so I helped him find one. Because decades a go he owned a Zodiac, this was the preferred brand.
I stumbled upon the littlest Yaughtline from Zodiac the one with the polyester hull. Although it was a PVC and about 20plus yeas old, it was in a very good condition. It came with a Mercury 3.5, but I also found a Suzuki 2.5. What to do, correct, buy them both and see what works the best.
But then I was a little hooked on the memories we made with the old Zodiac and I found some goodies on the Internet.
At first I found an old Volvo Penta 9.9, liked it, bought it.
A motor without a boat is silly and so I kept on looking,*saw a very nice picture of a DSB 504 M, bought it too.
I needed some transport wheels for the DSB and so was looking further. Then I saw a bunch of boat pile for sale.
Mailed my dad as a joke, I found his old boat.
Then the joke was on me though, a few moments lather I owned it. Because of those wheels, yeh, yeh.

The problem now was, that the Zodiac was in a very good condition and only had one (big) hole.
Cutting it up, was actually no longer an option.
Ordered the needed stuff and today put it on the boat. If it sticks, the boat may stay a while.

To be continued.

Gr. Eelco

Tags
zodiac