Old 27 April 2012, 18:39   #1

Town: akranes
Boat name: no name
Make: zodiac mk11 grand
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30 hp yam
double

hi all i am thinking about going over the bottom of my grand raid mk11 its a 87 its in quite good condition for its age but i would like to go over the underneath with a extra layer up to the rubbing strake......to try and cover some of the scratch,s it,s got over the year,s im not thinking about the whole bottom just the tube,s back to the front bit of a big job it holds air well so i was thinking of doing it while the boat is inflated....i thought it would be easier ...ANY TIP,S ARE WELCOME.......ive done a few fun and fishing trip,s here recently out into the FAXAFLOI BAY...SOUTH WEST ICELAND... where i live i can go a long way out a couple of week,s ago i did a trip and allmost ran into a humpback whale lucky i spotted it just lying on the surface not far infront of the boat it lay there a few minute,s then dived lifting its tail as it went....the tail was bigger than the boat what a sight the same day i had poirpose under and to the side of the boat great day out....iceland
Old 27 April 2012, 23:26   #2

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: ribbit
Make: ring
Length: 6m +
Engine: opti 150
no tips ,but sounds like an ace trip..... i see easyjet are flying there now ,though i`ve a feeling the extra baggage of a sib would be fairly hefty excess luggage charge