Old 19 August 2021, 17:52   #1

Drop Stitched Air Floor for Ali Floor Sib

I have a 3.2 m Ali floor Sib with Sausage keel and like many others it is a little difficult to set up once the ali floor is a little dirty and gritty.

I have just ordered a 2000 x 730 x 100 mm drop stitched high pressure air floor from Ali Express that was £98 delivered which upon measuring I think will fit.

I think this is the same one that boatworld has for £169 but it is always out of stock. Interesting thing is that Ali Express now has to charge UK VAT.

Here is a link to it if anyone else might be interested. The also do other sizes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...58890633%22%7D

I hope this will fit if not I will have an interesting shaped paddle board
Old 08 October 2021, 09:49   #2
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I remembered you posted this and wondered if it arrived and was any good? Over the years several folks have asked if retro fitting an air floor was possible and my answer has always been probably not so interested to know how you got on?
Old 09 October 2021, 07:45   #3

It has been a long road but have I think got there in the end.

I ordered the correct floor and waited patiently following the tracking information with interest. When it arrived it was completely not what I ordered. It was too long, Too wide, too thick and had no hole for the keel valve. So rather disappointed.

I then logged into Ali Express chat and talked to the seller. They were helpful but with the Chinese language barrier it proved quite difficult. They have now sent me the original one I ordered and it arrived the other day. It was as you might expect quite a long wait but following its journey from china was fun.

I have trial fitted it over the ali floor in the boat and it fits well and the hole for the keel valve is in the right place. It is about 3 inches short at the back but I don't think this will be an issue.

I only got the replacement one a few days ago and have not had time to properly fit it yet let alone try it.

In answer to your question however yes I do think it is possible to retrofit an ali floor sib with a hp air floor. You then have the best of both worlds.

I think it might be interesting if a manufacture gave an option to have both the Ali floor and the HP air floor so each could be used in different circumstances.
Old 09 October 2021, 08:36   #4
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I never regard myself as much of a fisherman but seem to have hooked one this time.

Thing is *Jameslong* there was a guy on here posting as Bigplumbs and Smallribber who was banned a while back. Now by an amazing coincidence Bigplumbs has recently uploaded a short video to his Youtube when he'd bought an air floor and had exactly the same faults with the one supplied.

You should see it and hook up with the guy... you are like peas in a pod... or more like a pea in a pod.

Old 09 October 2021, 09:08   #5

Well It is conceivable of course that 2 people bought the same product and had the same issues. Looks like his was yellow mine is grey.

Anyway I am off out in my boat. Perhaps you should get away from that keyboard and do the same. Enjoy whatever it is you do
Old 09 October 2021, 13:38   #6
Spammer

Good luck finding an exact fit.

Imo , it's easier to buy another boat with an air floor.
Old 15 March 2022, 17:05   #7

Town: Nottinghamshire
Make: Ranieri 15
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF50
*JamesLong* posted an updated video on this subject
Converting an Ali floor Sib to an Air Floor
Old 15 March 2022, 22:06   #8

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limecc View Post
*JamesLong* posted an updated video on this subject
Converting an Ali floor Sib to an Air Floor
James Long, Big Plumbs or ask fondly like to remember small riber - it's not "a bit short", it doesn't f... ing fit!
Old 16 March 2022, 08:09   #9

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Doh. It's pretty simple, buy an ali floor or buy and airfloor! Why do people try to **** one up modify one into the other?!

Tags
sib