Old 16 February 2021, 13:32   #1

Town: Northwich
Make: Elling
Length: 3m +
Engine: Orca 9.8 4 stroke
RIBase
Elling KB 350 Folding Swivel Seat

Here in Galicia Spain we are in lockdown like most of you unable to go or do much and the river is closed.
I have now finished making the platform and the Folding Swivel Seat.
The reason for doing this after a while I suffer with back ache and you loose the enjoyment of being out in the boat after a while.

The first go at putting the seat on (photo Below) I found using the original seat that is 20cm wide did not have no support and the seat rocked back and forward too much and felt very unstable, then I found a sib photo with the Folding Swivel Seat on a double width seat so I had a go at that.

The other 3 phots below shows the finished seat, the first stage was to cut a piece of wood 40cm wide and the length to fit the width to the boat runners I rounded all edges and corners with a router put double runner supports on each side and slid the base on the runners of the boat, trying it without the seat on I was very pleased seemed to be very solid.
Then I put 5 coats of paint, 2 undercoat & 3 top coats matching the tubes of the boat then it was time to fit the seat.

Below is the finished seat in all it glory sitting on it is very stable does not rock around, stable and very comfortable being able to swivel around very easy in different positions makes it much more enjoyable and perfect for the fishing, the base being 40cm wide also makes a small table top next to the seat, the good thing about the KB350 the runners are 3/4 length of the boat so it is easy to slide the seat where suits me.
All in all trying it with the boat on the trailer I am very pleased with the result and feels very solid if I go fast you have the grab rope to hold on to, not being as young as I used to be I just want to be comfortable and enjoy my boating.
I know its only in the garage will see what it is like on the water when the time comes, but I am sure I will be very pleased with the outcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201028_124533.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	136312   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201115_131131.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	136313   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201207_160947.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	136314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210216_130139.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	136315  
Old 16 February 2021, 14:11   #2

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Nice stable bait prep area not on the tubes with a built in seat as well
Old 16 February 2021, 14:51   #3

RIBase
Your right there just swing the seat around put your legs ether side of the seat and you got a very comfortable bait prep area, or 180 degrees sitting with 2 rods fishing from the back.
Old 16 February 2021, 15:02   #4

Make: Elling kB 350
I like it. I don’t think I’ll be doing the same to mine when I get it because it’ll add more bulk and weight to move around. As yours is on a trailer all the time it’s ready for the water straight away. It’s certainly an idea I’ll keep in mind though.
Old 16 February 2021, 16:48   #5

RIBase
Tel1965
I was lucky there was a Extreme 350 bunk trailer on Ebay I was watching the week before collecting the boat and won the bid, I picked up the trailer the day after buying my KB350 at a good price done a lot of driving but all done and dusted in 2 days.
So its on the trailer permanently make it so much easy and quick to get to the water, launch and retrieve.

As you said it is a bit bulky if you are unpacking and packing it up every time, further down the line if a trailer comes up at a good price you wont regret buying one.
Old 16 February 2021, 17:09   #6

Unfortunately where I’ll be launching I wouldn’t be able to use a trailer and also I don’t think my brother would appreciate a trailer permanently parked on his drive in Cornwall. Lol. If it wasn’t for the fact that Polperro is very tide reliant then I’d get myself a normal hard hull boat. Later on I might decide to get one of those too so I’ll have the choice what to use. I’m looking forward to having a play on the Elling though when it arrives. I know you’ve been very pleased with yours and I don’t think there has been any complaints on here about them yet. If I remember correctly you have a sun canopy on yours. Did you buy that or did you make it yourself?
Old 16 February 2021, 17:12   #7
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
A really nice mod to fit your needs. Where did you get the extra seat attachments?
Old 17 February 2021, 05:22   #8

Sibfisher. Could you do me a favour as your boat is already set up. Could you measure from the air floor inside the boat, around the tube and to the floor. I want to make some tube protectors for when we are fishing as my wife can be a bit dangerous with a rod on a boat. As I’m quiet at work I thought I might get a few things prepared for when I get the boat.
Old 17 February 2021, 06:04   #9

Dont forget something to protect the floor while you are at it Tel1965 & add a garden tub to your list so she can drop the spiky fish straight in there.
Old 17 February 2021, 06:25   #10

I’ve got my builders bucket and a couple of yoga mats ready to go.
Old 17 February 2021, 09:09   #11

RIBase
Fenlander
I used the seat attachments from the front seat, I will have to buy 2 more to replace them, link below where I bought all my Borika attachments & seat attachment, they also sell the KB350

https://magnusboats.lv/en/home/479-f...ika&results=48

Tel1965
The Diameter of the tubes from the floor to the bottom of the tubes outside is 120cm
The Air floor is 72cmW x 270cm, the width of the floor taking into consideration the rope connectors at the bottom of the tube is 67cm.
Last Feb/Mar I bought these like fibre tile mates from Aldi tat are 60cm x 60cm x 10mm not quite wide enough but I cut them to fit as photo shows.
Worked out great very light, strong, non slip & my air floor is still like new.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210217_104649.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	136317  
Old 17 February 2021, 09:22   #12

Thanks for the measurements. Basically all I’m doing is attaching a stainless steel rod at either end of 1mm thick rubber. I will then place one end under the internal rope and hang the other over the side. It’s just to give the tubes a little bit more protection. I think 4 at 1000mm wide by 1300 long should be enough to protect.
Old 17 February 2021, 09:25   #13

I contacted that company before about the Elling. Unfortunately they said they were not shipping to the U.K. because of brexit and COVID.
Old 17 February 2021, 09:56   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel1965 View Post
I contacted that company before about the Elling. Unfortunately they said they were not shipping to the U.K. because of brexit and COVID.

Even if they did, 19 euro plus whatever uk tax gets lumped on is a bit eye watering for 2 bits of plastic.

FIX SEATS.jpg

Photo stolen with good intent from elseware, Elling at one point used much too short screws to attach the seats as you can see.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FIX SEATS.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	136320  
Old 17 February 2021, 10:11   #15

Definitely too short. I think I’ll be checking mine when it arrives.
Old 17 February 2021, 11:32   #16

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman2 View Post
Even if they did, 19 euro plus whatever uk tax gets lumped on is a bit eye watering for 2 bits of plastic.

FIX SEATS.jpg

Photo stolen with good intent from elseware, Elling at one point used much too short screws to attach the seats as you can see.
I replaced the seat support screws when I first bought the boat with longer S/S ones more secure.

I bought all my attachments from them last March when in the UK, there was no import tax and the parts worked out cheaper than boatworld plus boatworld at the time did not have the attachments.
The cost of post was 20euros so not expensive.

Saying that not sure now the price UK has left EU what the cost would be. (Will try to find out)

I have just ordered 2 seat supports with post to Spain have cost me 17euros total. not too bad
Old 18 February 2021, 10:38   #17

Length: under 3m
That's a very tidy mod, nice!