Old 18 November 2023, 21:49   #1

Town: POUGHKEEPSIE
estimated value 2007 zodiac Mark3

no motor or trailer. A 2007 zodiac mark3. What would be the ballpark value? I found one locally but have no idea what should i offer. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 19 November 2023, 08:35   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
I didn’t think it would be that difficult to find prices for Zodiac boats. They used to publish prices annually for bare boats, that required a deep breath before viewing and the ability to sit down afterwards. That used to give you a ballpark figure.

The value like anything is down to condition, no patches, hopefully stored inside and all the parts are there. The floor alone is always valuable. It’s PVC (Strongan Duotex) fabric, and now 16 years old. If valves slightly leak, you can get replacement rubber diaphragms.

On inspection check the seams, it’s important you have this boat at operating pressure, including the hull. The transom seams is an area that goes as the glue dries out, and the hull tube, but it’s all fixable with 2-part glue and the right preparation. If everything checks out and looks like it will clean up, $1500-$2000.

Here’s a Futura in the UK, it has oversized tubes, speed tubes underneath, 2006, looks mint, with older 50hp 2-stroke outboard and seat and helm. Knock off around £1200-£1500 for the outboard. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285536762...gAAOSwlsdk-Lny
Old 19 November 2023, 09:02   #3

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
Maybe it depends a lot on where you are, but I'd imagine even a good one of that age would still be only be worth somewhere in the 800-1500 range depending on condition.

I got 2 of these from my local rescue service for free last year. They needed a little work to get them seaworthy again, one was much worse than the other but both repairable. Apparently it's really common for the transoms to rot out in them and I've had that with one of mine. Replacing it isn't a massively complicated job, but they're hard to find and aftermarket transoms are expensive. I made one myself but there's a lot more labour in it than you might think.
Old 19 November 2023, 20:24   #4

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Zodiac thermo welds their tubes and the chance of failure is extremely low. The glue used to put the floor and transom on will fail over time and it is in that time frame. The job is pretty big to reglue everything, but a handy person can knock it out. The 2 part glue does requires warmer temps and lower humidity.

Does this hull have speed tubes underneath it?

If it were me I wouldn't pay much knowing the failure is imminent. Maybe $600 US dollars. Mostly for buying the floor.
Old 23 November 2023, 16:23   #5

Town: POUGHKEEPSIE
Thanks. The deal did not go thorough. The seller removed the item and marked as "sold" so someone probably grabbed. Asking price was $1500 btw.
Old 23 November 2023, 18:42   #6

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
FWIW I traded the equivalent of $1,400 US dollars in scuba gear for a MKII Futura Sport GT with a running 40HP Evinrude, and a very nice Pacific trailer. It needed the floor and transom re-glued.

Current boat was $2,000 US dollars, but the Honda outboard didn't run due to fuel issues, and the top of the tubes were sun damaged. It also came with a nice Pacific trailer, and a Garmin side scan sonar. A decent amount of money got dumped into it to make a nice usable boat though.

Point being don't consider it a loss. Winter is a great time to get a deal.

Tags
zodiac