Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Inflatable boats - SIBs and folding RIBs
Click Here to Login

Old 02 August 2023, 19:13   #141

Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Well that’s been a entertaining few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake View Post
The purchase was made in 2021 the boat hasn’t got a single scarf or crease in it. It’s brand-new I know what signs of use look like this does not have any signs of use whatsoever.. it really should not have failed. The seller told me that he’s had a few repairs done free of charge by Northern diver and they admitted to having use the wrong glue on the sections that required repair.
Given the seller had several repairs done because the wrong glue was used and the boat looked liked new…….personally I wouldn’t have touched it with a bargepole, and certainly would be more pissed with the seller. But then again he did tell you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
You could stick it on eBay with all those “ex-RNLI” orange boats that have never been anywhere near the RNLI.
On a side note, my 4 year old “Rescue” Excel Volaire has just been swapped out for a brand new boat under warranty by Excel. No quibbles or argument. But then again, the boat did come with a 5 year warranty & I am the original purchaser.
Mine like PD is sold as rescue boat “and recently featured in a channel 4 SAS Who Dares Wins season 6 episode 5” blah blah blah….but I don’t expect it to be to the same quality as real rescue boats at 10 times the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cmw View Post
£10k holiday with a 2nd hand piece of cheap Chinese pish 🤷
You won’t make that mistake again …
Chinese pish……that had to come from a Scotsman….you just made me spill my whiskey….and if you are scottish…..you will know how much that fickin hurt

Quote:

Do me a small favour and stop taking the Mickey out of me. I’ve spent significant time and effort preparing for this trip and I have spent thousands on it come on Steve have a heart
In Steve’s defence he was one of the first to try help you, and showed genuine concern at the beginning along with many others. But even for a total novice, it was all getting a bit ridiculous.

Quote:
No cynical Steve

You don’t seem to get the point, we made multiple tests in the UK. However, the temperatures in the UK were not high enough to cause the glue to melt and the laminate because it was the wrong glue used in the manufacturing process. I really don’t know how many times I have to label that point There was no way of knowing until I actually got here who was 47°C when this happened now tell me when we get that kind of temperature in Englan.
Not only Steve I’m afraid……You bought a second hand dud…..and you’ve got yourself in a state about.

But at the end of the day, you got out and you didn’t drown. So that’s a win!

Now you love the boat…….so I hope you and her are very happy together, and have loads of little orange rescue babies
Old 02 August 2023, 19:27   #142
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>Now you love the boat…….

I'd be offering apologies to Northern Divers and sending a £250 cheque towards their 2023 Christmas party.
Old 02 August 2023, 19:59   #143

You lot love taking the Mickey don’t you ?
I didn’t say I love the boat did I ?

Thanks to AT Marine we had a great trip today and all of you were wrong - the repair worked and on my return I’ll be taking the boat to northern diver for replacement valves. Like heck should I be giving them anything but grief.

I’m over the moon about what I have achieved so the sceptics and piss takers and gloat but which one of you has done anything like what we have done ? Driven 1500 miles to Sardinia and dealt with what I have dealt with ? I appreciate the advice of anyone who has given me help and supported me through this Steve included of course.

If only I could post pictures easily on this forum, my images and videos are pretty spectacular
Old 02 August 2023, 20:45   #144

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:

Thanks to AT Marine we had a great trip today and all of you were wrong - the repair worked and on my return I’ll be taking the boat to northern diver for replacement valves. Like heck should I be giving them anything but grief.

I’m over the moon about what I have achieved so the sceptics and piss takers and gloat but which one of you has done anything like what we have done ? Driven 1500 miles to Sardinia and dealt with what I have dealt with ? I appreciate the advice of anyone who has given me help and supported me through this Steve included of course.

If only I could post pictures easily on this forum, my images and videos are pretty spectacular
Sorry Ron, words immortalised at the end of the video "I love this little boat"

As for giving Northern Diver grief, this is where we came in. You bought a second hand boat with no warranty. Put it down to experience and move on, I don't think you would get support from anyone on Ribnet if you went down that road.
If your lads are up for it next year buy yourself a new slightly bigger sib you obviously enjoy it.

As an aside, 5 people, SIB, outboard, 2 mountain bikes, elec unicycle 2 kayaks all in a T5. Are you camping in it as well?
Old 02 August 2023, 20:46   #145
RIBnet admin team

Length: 4m +
Quote:
We do, and you did. Replay your video and listen to yourself.
Quote:
but which one of you has done anything like what we have done ? Driven 1500 miles to Sardinia and dealt with what I have dealt with ?
I fear that you have underestimated a very large number of RIBnetters!
Quote:
Fortunately, your IT skills are on a par with your bonding know-how. I was a little puzzled by the number of members who thought that you are another incarnation of Bigplumbs. I was once similarly paranoid until someone advised me that it was a poor village that couldn't afford to keep more than one idiot.
Old 02 August 2023, 21:16   #146

Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Quote:

To be honest I’ve never personally done as you say.

I do pride myself not to be stupid enough to spend £10,000 on a holiday based on buying some second hand faulty chinese crap, that you had already been warned about, by the probably a much much smarter seller.

But I would say you really do a lot of the folks on here an injustice.

I think you will find many here past and present, to have done much more than you ever dreamt of and perhaps be an idea edit your post.
Old 02 August 2023, 21:25   #147

I’m out - end of. I’ve received more abuse on this forum than ever in my online life and you have no idea who I am and what I do.

If you enjoy chastising, scoffing and chasing away, new members, be proud of yourselves, you have succeeded in doing so goodbye, and thanks for all the Fish
Old 02 August 2023, 21:46   #148

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
I’m out - end of. I’ve received more abuse on this forum than ever in my online life and you have no idea who I am and what I do.

If you enjoy chastising, scoffing and chasing away, new members, be proud of yourselves, you have succeeded in doing so goodbye, and thanks for all the Fish

Flounces off stage left…..
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 August 2023, 21:59   #149

Make: Humber Ocean Pro
Engine: Yam 200HP
Quote:
you have no idea who I am

Ronen Goodfriend I believe [emoji848]
Old 02 August 2023, 22:15   #150

Welcome to RIBnet Forums
Welcome to RIB.net! We hope you enjoy exploring the site, reading the forums, and contributing as much as you care to. We're pleased that you have chosen to join us.

Our philosophy is that we want RIB.net to be an online reflection of the boating community. Treat each other with respect just as you would on the water and please enjoy your time here.

Here are some links to information to help you become acquainted with the board's policies. Please take a minute to look over our Community Rules (CR), Privacy Policy and Terms of Service (TOS). By participating in the Forums and using the Web Site you are agreeing to abide by the terms contained therein.

When you are ready, please introduce yourself by starting a new thread in the “New Member Intro” section.

If you have questions or need assistance, feel free to contact any Site team member (identified with "Site Team" below their user name). You may also ask questions in the Site Help section.

Again, welcome and we're glad to have you as a new member.
Old 02 August 2023, 22:16   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Flounces off stage left…..
What a knob
Old 02 August 2023, 22:56   #152

Shame Rake that you had to be so arrogant as to argue with every experienced member (I do not include myself in that statement) that tried initially to help and give you good advice or point out that it probably was an ill advised purchase, maybe it was more annoyance with yourself. I'm sure in time you will reflect upon things and realise its OK to admit when you have f...ked up and not to blame others.
I don't think you will be back, the last time you visited was 2017, so adios and enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Old 03 August 2023, 05:51   #153

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
A classic thread to remember, cheers Rake- you’ve kept many of us entertained. The OB teaming question followed by the; ‘…no I’m solo…’ was my favourite bit!
Old 03 August 2023, 07:04   #154

I'd missed that Max
Old 03 August 2023, 07:21   #155

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
What a knob

Still here then, I thought you’d gone. The thing is, you can’t leave, nobody ever leaves….no matter how much you want to leave, you’ll keep coming back. Welcome to Ribnet
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 August 2023, 07:33   #156

"Relax said the night man, we are programmed to receive, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Old 03 August 2023, 07:42   #157

Town: Up North and right a bit
Make: XS500/Merc340/Bic245
Engine: Mar 60/20/3.5/Hon2.3
“This could be heaven or this could be hell”
Old 03 August 2023, 14:49   #158

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Engine: Honda BF15
I think this stopped being banter long ago. Give the guy some help or just move on, tbh. It doesn't matter whether he thinks its a rescue boat or the QE2. It's not a good look.
Old 03 August 2023, 19:48   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by User name View Post
I think this stopped being banter long ago. Give the guy some help or just move on, tbh. It doesn't matter whether he thinks its a rescue boat or the QE2. It's not a good look.
I 100% agree with you, it did stop being banter around #8. The guy vehemently disagreed with every experienced forum member who attempted to give him useful and meaningful advice and implied that he knew better when it's blatantly obvious he doesn't. He then compounded his stupidity by lying, exaggerating or blaming someone else. Everyone without exception initially wanted to help, but he started to call everything and everyone into question apart from his own stupidity and judgement.
I did, and still do, feel genuinely sorry for the guy and his family because his holiday has been impacted. However he is obviously old enough to realise that he should be taking responsibility for his own f..k ups, accept genuine help and stop trying to blame someone else.
Old 03 August 2023, 23:10   #160

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Engine: Honda BF15
All of that can be true and the reaction here still unnecessary. It's been quite obvious to me from early on that this guy is fairly stressed out about this so piling in seems a bit cruel and unnecessary.

Tags
rib