Old 17 May 2018, 09:53   #1

Town: York
Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Mariner 2stroke
Honwave Air Floor Valves/Pressure/Bravo Help

Hi all

Having had a Bombard 380 for many years followed by a Quicksilver 430HD and then a 2 year break from boating, I've just treated myself to a brand new Honwave T38 Airfloor. I love how practical these are for transport and storage.

So, as per the discussions on here I immediately found the standard pump unfit for purpose, it takes a ludicrous amount of effort to get it up to pressure.

So I've just bought myself a Brave 110 stirrup pump and it's absolutely superb, gets the floor all the way up to 0.8 bar in under a minute.

The only problem I have is the (Halkey Roberts?) attachment supplied with the Bravo pump keeps slipping off. Despite the standard pump being crap, at least the end of the pump stayed in. Bravo pump also came with a thicker washer but it's too thick to allow the the end to lock in at all.

I've looked closely and the standard pump has a slight barb on the end which I'm guessing might help it stay in place.

The other problem I've found is the Honwave air pressure gauge supplied with the boat always leaks loads of air out when you try to measure the pressure in the floor when it's at higher pressure (it's fine when used with the tubes).

Just wondering if anyone has general any hints and tips, do my valves need adjusting or are my problems normal?

Many thanks

Tom
Old 17 May 2018, 11:42   #2

Town: Mansfield,Nottinghamshire
Make: Honwave T38IE
Engine: Honda BF20D
Hi Tom,

I have a T38ie and a Bravo BST 12, as the pump has a thumb wheel, when i first used it I was a bit paranoid about how accurate it was so i purchased a dial type gauge, as you have found out they let to much air out so I made this up, I can now check with a digital gauge as well, I have found that the BST thumb wheel is not spot on @ 0.25mb it over inflates and @ 0.80mb it is 0.50psi under, probable a bit over the top but lets me sleep better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0453.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	124782  
Old 17 May 2018, 11:56   #3

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
This is a topic/guide I posted years ago - gauges are still going strong!

http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/adaptin...sib-42375.html
Old 17 May 2018, 12:11   #4
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Kong why not take the end from the Honwave pump and fit it to the Bravo hose, that's what I've done in the past.

Re the gauge my Honwave didn't have an HP floor so like you on the tubes the gauge supplied was fine. Why not put the thicker washer on the gauge??
Old 17 May 2018, 23:08   #5

Town: South East
Make: Waveline V SIB
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mercury 25hp
Honwave Air Floor Valves/Pressure/Bravo Help

You have to mix and match the pump valve adapter washers to make the pump adapter seal correctly i can't remember what combination you need for your boat, (I presume you have the universal adapter below connected to your pump) alternatively a combination of the provided washers and others you can source and possibility the trimming (made thinner) of the washer or others selected for an airtight fit. It's a case of mix and match until you get it right.

If you mean the tube of the pump slips off the pre adapter boat valve connector (like mine did) then you have to make the adapter connector for the pump tube bigger by adding electrical tape to make it fit in the pump tube air tight, my pre adapter cracked to that also is now electrical taped!

[ATTACH]124785[
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6947.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	124785