Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Inflatable boats - SIBs and folding RIBs
Click Here to Login

Old 18 April 2018, 19:44   #1

Town: Athens
Length: 4m +
How to glue an inflatable keel on Zodiac Futura mk3

Hello,

I just bought a new keel for my 2006 futura mk3 and I am in the process of gluing it into place. I was surprised that I came up with all the following questions for something which seems simple! I would much appreciate your advise anyway.

1) I've read it can be glued in three spots: bow -near the valve- middle and tail instead of gluing the full length. Is this correct? The old keel was glued at its full length but very poorly, as it came off just be pulling it with moderate strength -didn't need solvent or heating.

2) In case of gluing the full length, should I start gluing from the bow working towards the aft direction or vice versa? Which is exactly the starting point and the end?

3) There is a sleeve included in the packaging which was glued on the aft of the old keel, what i the correct way to glue it into place and where exactly?

4) The front and rear ends have a pattern as shown in the pics what is their purpose? Also the ends are not sealed at the edges,do they need to be when glued? Finally they contain a white film inside, what is that for?

5)Finally there is a separation along the tube as per the pic (where the PVC is joined - white line on the pic). Is this where the glue should be applied?

Sorry for all those questions but I think it is better to ask before doing something like that for the first time, rather than destroying this expensive part!

Thanks for you time!
Old 04 July 2021, 23:01   #2

Town: Llantwit Fardre, Pontypri
Boat name: Zodiac
Make: Zodiac Cadet
Length: 3m +
Engine: Evinrude 9.9hp
Hi, did you ever find any of these answers out? I've got reglue mine as it's fallen off!!
Old 05 July 2021, 09:39   #3
RIBnet admin team

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
If you are just re-gluing the material back that's fallen off then measure, mark, clean and glue?
Old 05 July 2021, 13:49   #4

Town: Athens
Length: 4m +
I took it to a repair shop as I didn't have any of the required info to attempt the gluing myself.

Sorry...

Tags
zodiac