Old 15 February 2021, 18:28   #1

Town: BoiseID/SantaBarbaraCA
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Like New Avon Redcrest Value

I recently purchased a 1986(?) Avon Redcrest to use as a beach landing dinghy. The man I bought it from bought it new, used it a couple times, then stored it in his garage in San Diego until he sold it to me. It seems to be in mint, like new condition. I also purchased a NOS stainless steel outboard bracket for it. An acquaintance suggested it may be somewhat valuable because of the condition and rare (according to him) red color.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on value? If it's worth substantially more than I have into it I may resell it, otherwise I'll keep it and use it.
Old 15 February 2021, 19:36   #2

Town: Winchester
Boat name: The Rubber Duck
Make: Avon 3.10
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8
Firstly it will have a serial number on it probably in two places, on the rear tube and inside the front on the right hand side, last two numbers will be year of manufacture.

Re value, if it's that good it will carry a premium but not by much, they do pop up from time to time in top notch condition, but they don't sell for silly money.

I'd use and enjoy it if I was you. I bought a lovely little Redstart last week for the same purpose, it's in nice condition and I paid £90 GBP for it.

I also have an ok Redstart, and a near perfect Rover 310.

I don't know why, but I love them.
Old 16 February 2021, 00:13   #3

Town: BoiseID/SantaBarbaraCA
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Thanks for the info, and that seems like the right way to go. I like how lightweight and easily handled it is, both stowed and assembled. Seems like it will be easy to deploy out on the water. I have a 2 hp Johnson outboard for it that weighs less than 25 pounds.

Tags
avon