Old 24 July 2024, 23:12   #1

Town: orihuela costa
Boat name: zoom 310
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard 2 stroke 8h
RIBase
Making my Sib into a fishing Sib.

Hello everyone so i was hoping i could possibly get some advice from you all about making my Zodiac zoom 310 into a fishing sib.
I live on the orihuela costa Spain and about 5-6km out in the ocean we have tuna farms and iv been told by the locals its amazing to fish around them as they are fed daily but im not gonna lie i do not have a clue where to start iv done a lot of carp fishing in rivers and lakes but never fished for anything in the ocean and i really want to get my self into it why not its something different!!

i would like to add some rod holders and i thought maybe i could make them my self and put them on the back board where the outboard mounts.
i don't really know what else i could need and also does anyone have any methods for fishing the ocean please??

i don't even know what's in this ocean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8A6816E4-8EC2-49ED-BC65-3EC598355DFC.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	145701  
Old 25 July 2024, 07:59   #2

Town: Leicester
Make: Yam
Hi. I fish a lot in my sib. I have fitted rod holders before (for fishing) , but find them to be more of a help than a hindrance. I tend to just put the rod but in the floor of the boat and the rod resting over the tube. This way you can angle the rod any way you wish.

What is important is to have a way to store the rod when moving. Especially if you are fishing - motoring - fishing, such as drifting over a reef (or tuna farm &#128514.

I've used a plastic carton that I have cable tied waste pupe rod tubes to. In this plastic carton goes my fuel tank and anchor and it is fixed to the floor in the bow using d rings fixed to the floor. I've used metal d rings on my aluminium boat and pvc stick on d rings on my air floor boat.

Old 25 July 2024, 09:11   #3

Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlisj98 View Post

i don't even know what's in this ocean
https://youtu.be/d09rPOCa2Zk?si=-WH40L5wdltTdX6h

See link……remember your life jacket and radio……

“It was kind of instinct…immediately started to drive over...as I didnt have a line in the water”

As apposed to if he had a fish on….he might rethought his actions…
Old 25 July 2024, 11:28   #4

Town: Notts
Boat name: Terra Nova
Make: Boatworld
Engine: 4stroke 9.9 Mercury
I have lots of thoughts about this but no good advice - I'm just planning fishing trip no. 3 and nos. 1 & 2 could have been better for organisation . Mistakes were made.

Ask me again at the end of the season .
Old 25 July 2024, 13:04   #5

Town: Hull
Make: Elling KB 350
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8
One of the best things you should have is a good fish finder /gps especially if you are planning on going 5km out. if it comes in foggy you want to be able to find your way home. There is plenty of stuff on YouTube regarding boat fishing. There are lots of different disciplines depending on what species you are targeting.
Old 25 July 2024, 13:15   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayskull View Post
One of the best things you should have is a good fish finder /gps especially if you are planning on going 5km out. if it comes in foggy you want to be able to find your way home. There is plenty of stuff on YouTube regarding boat fishing. There are lots of different disciplines depending on what species you are targeting.
I've got a 9.9hp on a 3.2m and nobody says go to Humber to launch and fish. You agree? Unfair prejudice?
Old 25 July 2024, 14:00   #7

Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
From a fishing point of view I’ld probably join a fishing group or go on an organised charter to find your feet, ask questions and take it from there.

I’ve very limited fishing knowledge (if you see my post below) except what I’ve picked up here, and on YouTube from the likes of Fish Locker, TA Fishing, Oban on the water, to name a few. But one thing everyone says, and you will know from your other fishing exploits, “is to match the hatch” which is difficult if you are new to the area. In our waters I tried baited mackeral type feathers testing out what was at different depths…..

But hey, we broke one of my Temu “Heavey Duty Telescopic Boat Rods” on our last trip the fish were so large…...so what do I know

But seriously…I don’t know your boating knowledge, the safety equipment you might have etc, but 5km out, all alone in a tiny little boat, will be a daunting experience, and a very lonely place to be.

I’ve personally never had the conditions, (or probably the bottle) in my local waters to head out quite that far as yet, but if I did, I think I’ld much prefer to being going out with others, preferably with someone with more knowledge than me.

But I think you are a lucky guy to have the opportunities you could have, so tight lines, and be interesting to see how it goes.

https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/inflat...amp-91091.html
Old 25 July 2024, 14:00   #8

Town: Hull
Make: Elling KB 350
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8
I wouldn't fish in the Humber and I only live 1 mile away. much better on the coast.
Old 25 July 2024, 16:28   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayskull View Post
I wouldn't fish in the Humber and I only live 1 mile away. much better on the coast.

Where do you launch (assuming sib)?
Old 26 July 2024, 21:23   #10

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Engine: Honda BF15
Going out with others is good advice if you can find any groups. You'll pick up tips from the more experienced anglers, but more importantly it'll be safer. I wouldn't recommend going 5km+ offshore alone unless you're experienced.

For rod holders, I have 2 RailBlaza starports on the transom either side of the outboard, and another 2 glue-on types on the tubes towards the centre of the boat and I can't recommend them enough. Great thing about the starports is that you're not limited to them being used only for rod holders. There's loads of other accessories that fit into them.

How exactly you set up will depend on your target species so I'd spend some time figuring out what's in the waters where you want to fish and that'll help you a lot. Don't be tempted to bring enough equipment to do everything, at least until you have a lot more experience under your belt. It'll just suck the fun out of it and overwhelm you.
Old 27 July 2024, 11:56   #11

Town: orihuela costa
Boat name: zoom 310
Make: Zodiac
Engine: outboard 2 stroke 8h
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by User name View Post
Going out with others is good advice if you can find any groups. You'll pick up tips from the more experienced anglers, but more importantly it'll be safer. I wouldn't recommend going 5km+ offshore alone unless you're experienced.

For rod holders, I have 2 RailBlaza starports on the transom either side of the outboard, and another 2 glue-on types on the tubes towards the centre of the boat and I can't recommend them enough. Great thing about the starports is that you're not limited to them being used only for rod holders. There's loads of other accessories that fit into them.

How exactly you set up will depend on your target species so I'd spend some time figuring out what's in the waters where you want to fish and that'll help you a lot. Don't be tempted to bring enough equipment to do everything, at least until you have a lot more experience under your belt. It'll just suck the fun out of it and overwhelm you.
hello yeah well iv got a friend that looking on coming out for a little trip see I'm really intrigued in what's around the outside of the tuna farms that we have off the coast here they get fed daily so there should be fish around there no idea what's in these waters i googled it at i definitely see a good few sharks on here and that would be a dream come true but for now i want to stick to some smaller fish and yeah for equipment I'm going to try find a seat for it so I can attach the Garmin striker on it also I'm going to try make some wheels to make it easier to get into the water and as for rod holders iv found a pretty good way how to make it so I'm going to try that as well and see how it goes!!

Tags
sib