Old 03 December 2023, 17:28   #81

Make: Excel Scout 400
Engine: MFS15E 20hp ECU
Indeed Matt from Islander Outdoors has the new Boatworld Kat. It's not the demo.

We did a collab on the day, and my video released today. I just posted a new thread with the footage: https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/boatwo...tml#post870334
Old 03 December 2023, 17:29   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
Interesting that Boatworld provided a shim that could not be used because of how far his engine fixings would open. He also said it was not needed on his set up. I wonder if the engine he was using will trim in more than my Tohatsu 9.8
He's also using a Tohatsu 9.8, and it was trimmed too far out that day. Needs trimming in more.
Old 03 December 2023, 18:51   #83

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxJason View Post
Indeed Matt from Islander Outdoors has the new Boatworld Kat. It's not the demo.

We did a collab on the day, and my video released today. I just posted a new thread with the footage: https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/boatwo...tml#post870334
Hi Jason, as your the one in the driving seat so to speak, do you feel as though the scout is a little bow low as chipko mentioned in #77?
Old 03 December 2023, 19:05   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
Hi Jason, as your the one in the driving seat so to speak, do you feel as though the scout is a little bow low as chipko mentioned in #77?
This was with trim pin #2. I haven't tried trimming out any further as yet - I meant to when I was last out.

It does feel like the bow is a little low, but it does not feel as if it's pushing more water than the bow can disperse. It does not feel as though the speed is being restricted.

Here's a better view of the bow: https://youtube.com/shorts/5Dhb6Gy1R...KJz7Eg9pJIr9O6

I'd be happy to run any tests and document the findings, if there's anything you'd like to know?

Matt on the Kat had it on trim pin 3, too far out and had trouble keeping the bow down until up to speed.
Old 03 December 2023, 20:44   #85

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
I think it's difficult to tell whether it's "pushing" water or not with such a wide sib.
I've accepted that my SD360 will be slower than most other sibs because of its width, perhaps the scout's irksome quirk is it is bow low, and perhaps you won't know until you play around with the trim?
The size and bow shape does appeal though. But do I prefare the Volaire? I'd love to have a side by side trail in both.

Apologies, should really have put this on the Scout thread and not the Boatworld Kat thread!
Old 03 December 2023, 20:58   #86

No problem! I will be sure to play around with the trim. What I will say is that the current pin #2 is convenient stopping and starting frequently - adjusting my drifts while fishing. I know on previous boats more trim means more bow rise at low speed, and that's just an inconvenience while fishing.

Another reason I went for this boat, over a honwave, were for the same reasons I chose a Volante, Vanguard and Carbon Pro - the fishing platform and usability of the bow area.

I will get her on pin 3 and let you know
Old 04 December 2023, 06:05   #87

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipko View Post
Hopefully the shim is just a stop gap and the next batch get a couple of degrees layback to the transom. Appreciate not much help to those purchasing the current stock.
Yes the shim has to be very thin about 5 mm or you can’t get you motor on