Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxJason View Post
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 13:56   #42

Make: Excel Scout 400
Engine: MFS15E 20hp ECU
Noting the reports of the Vanguard boat reports of veering and bow digging in. I was one of the users experiencing the issue (there were several others).

I put together a word doc of all the varying conditions tested, which included:

- Engine height
- Weight (load)
- Weight distribution
- Tube and keel pressures - varied and confirmed on water with high accuracy gauge

Note there were some well experienced boaters reporting the same problem. All of this information was verfied between a group of users experiencing the issues who could also replicate given these variables. This was fed back to Excel support.

Each and every one of us would experience the sudden handling issues from 13kts. Genuinely, the only option was to sit on the floor as the "veering" was actually violent changes in direction, to which almost threw me out of the boat in calm water.

Dropping the same engine on a Boatworld Carbon Pro and no issue. Not user error.
Old 29 October 2023, 17:15   #43

Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 20hp
2x tarp clips are great for that purpose - and you'll have about 8 left over which can come in useful. I've attached them either side of my Ducksback boat cover to add an extra strap where the wind gets in.
Old 29 October 2023, 19:13   #44

Boat name: Redneck
Make: Excel
Length: 3m +
Engine: 20 efi & 9.8 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxJason View Post
Noting the reports of the Vanguard boat reports of veering and bow digging in. I was one of the users experiencing the issue (there were several others).

I put together a word doc of all the varying conditions tested, which included:

- Engine height
- Weight (load)
- Weight distribution
- Tube and keel pressures - varied and confirmed on water with high accuracy gauge

Note there were some well experienced boaters reporting the same problem. All of this information was verfied between a group of users experiencing the issues who could also replicate given these variables. This was fed back to Excel support.

Each and every one of us would experience the sudden handling issues from 13kts. Genuinely, the only option was to sit on the floor as the "veering" was actually violent changes in direction, to which almost threw me out of the boat in calm water.

Dropping the same engine on a Boatworld Carbon Pro and no issue. Not user error.
And was a conclusive decision come to as to what was causing the problem?

I have experienced bow digging in and veering off a few times. Every instance has been when my sib has been outside and inflated overnight. It's happened during the first 30 mins of launching. That's when I've realised it has rained overnight and the SIB is full of water, it's struggling to continously plane and rid itself of the water. Its up on the plane and drops off and digs in. A quick stop to drain the vast majority of the water out and it pops up on the plane and isn't a problem anymore.
I have considered fitting a small pump to alleviate the problem, but it happens so infrequently I'd actually forgotten about it.

Tags
sib