Old 14 April 2020, 07:54   #1

Length: 5m +
SIB launch spots, Scottish east coast

Where do you take your SIB over east that you can't take a trailered boat? Any good firm beaches etc? I'm thinking Dunbar, Eyemouth and Arbroath sort of areas.

Thanks
Old 14 April 2020, 08:13   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgowdan View Post
Where do you take your SIB over east that you can't take a trailered boat? Any good firm beaches etc? I'm thinking Dunbar, Eyemouth and Arbroath sort of areas.

Thanks
st abbs but dries at low water springs limited parking and expensive lots of divers if the weather is good although i haven't been for quite a while.
Old 14 April 2020, 08:31   #3

Length: 5m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
st abbs but dries at low water springs limited parking and expensive lots of divers if the weather is good although i haven't been for quite a while.
That seems a familiar issue, poor parking at Dunbar as well for example. Quieter areas would be best, it's just knowing which ones are suitable.
Old 14 April 2020, 08:49   #4

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
to be fair the last twice ive been to st abbs its been dead scuba isn't as popular these days which used all the parking up
Old 14 April 2020, 09:26   #5

Town: edinburgh
Boat name: So Tender
Make: avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: yam 30 2t
Lower Largo, at the East end has a good beech and parking.
Elie has a good beech too, but parking is more tricky

The south side of the Firth of Forth is shallow a long way out, so its up to a mile long hike at low water anywhere between Queensferry and North Berwick.

If you get the tides right, Cramond is a bonny spot, where you can motor up to the public slipway ( free) just outside the harbour, 2½ hrs typically either side of HW ( 3½ in the big springs), and there is free parking behind the village pub. You're more in amongst the islands and near the bridges at Cramond, which makes it more interesting.
Old 14 April 2020, 15:23   #6

Town: Montrose
Boat name: Ruby Blue
Make: Honwave & SW4800cc
Engine: Mariner 15 & 60efi
RIBase
Ferryden, by Montrose is a great launch site. I use it for most of my launches, see YouTube: https://youtu.be/inlW-tjn2R0 for a good view of the beach, deep water at any state of tide. They built a new slip at Arbroath -STAY CLEAR, useless and now blocked off, my mate lost his wet suit booties in the mud at the end of the slip, it's very shallow for a long way out unless at top of the tide. Has now been blocked off for trailers.
Johnshaven and Gourdon have nice little harbours with slipways, if you're unlucky you may have to pay. A bit further north there is Caterline, car park at bottom of cliff road and easy access to water into small harbor. You'll see it here in one of Donny's vids from a trip with me and another pal. https://youtu.be/UJKo2EZNXts
Old 16 April 2020, 16:45   #7

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
It's a while since I've been. Many years ago I launched a small SIB at St Abbs harbour. (I was a diver at the time.) I also remember we launched the club RIB off the beach just next to Eyemouth harbour. You can see the access to the beach in this link. Looks like at high tide you can go straight off the ramp into the water. At low tide, you can go across the sand. Should be easy in a SIB. I know nothing about fees.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...58!4d-2.091068

Tags
sib