Old 22 August 2024, 04:45   #1

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
The River Crouch in Essex ?

I had a job in Essex so after the visit me and Her indoors had a little wander around Burnham on Crouch. It was high water so not too much mud. We thought the River Crouch looked a little dull although there were several boats moored. We wondered if the river got better either up or down stream and if it might be worth a trip in one of our sibs. Anyone got experience of this river.

Video below which gives a flavor of the area

Old 22 August 2024, 20:39   #2

Town: Billericay
Make: SR 5.4
Engine: Evenrude E-tec 90
This is my home water. I launch from the marina slip. Inland you can go past southwoodham ferrers. Can stop at pub. If you go up the river roach you can go into Rochford. You can also go under the MOD potton bridge into the North Sea & then into the Thames. I also do trips to Brightlingsea, walton on the naze & the wind farm off Clacton on sea.

There are seals by the nature reserve in the roach.

I only do these trips on the hightide. It is also quite tidal.
Old 23 August 2024, 04:48   #3

Odd video not available trying to work out why. Somthing to do with the link I think

Old 23 August 2024, 04:50   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Rider View Post
This is my home water. I launch from the marina slip. Inland you can go past southwoodham ferrers. Can stop at pub. If you go up the river roach you can go into Rochford. You can also go under the MOD potton bridge into the North Sea & then into the Thames. I also do trips to Brightlingsea, walton on the naze & the wind farm off Clacton on sea.

There are seals by the nature reserve in the roach.

I only do these trips on the hightide. It is also quite tidal.
Thanks for the info. It is an area I think we would like to explore. How much is the launch and recover and park fee at the marina. I assume you mean the big Marina ?
Old 23 August 2024, 07:13   #5

Town: Billericay
Make: SR 5.4
Engine: Evenrude E-tec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
Thanks for the info. It is an area I think we would like to explore. How much is the launch and recover and park fee at the marina. I assume you mean the big Marina ?
Burnham Yacht Harbour. £10 to use slip which is 1/2 tidal use only. It is very slippery in winter so only 1.5 hours either side of high water. Harbour fees are due to Crouch Harbour Authority. Unsure of a 1 day pass as I am on annual (£46 up to 4.7m, then £64 up to 6.5m). Parking is free in the marina but it is anpr controlled. You must pre book your car reg before you arrive by phoning the Harbour master or a £100 fine in 15 minutes. There is a upper car park to pay by machine but no good to lug your stuff.