Old 19 July 2024, 21:14   #1

Town: orihuela costa
Boat name: zoom 310
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard 2 stroke 8h
RIBase
What should i get for the Ocean?

Hey all so im living in costa blank spanish coast and the ocean can be a little rough at times for my zodiac zoom 310 with a 8hp tohatsu 2 stoke engine so im looking to upgrade withing the next moth or so anyone got any suggestions im looking to do a bit of fishing and diving and a little bit faster then the trusty 8hp.

thank you all!!
Old 22 July 2024, 22:01   #2

Town: Edinburgh
Length: 4m +
Hi Karlis, suppose it all depends on how you use it. Build on the day and beach launch on transom wheels or kept on a trailer and launched down a slip?

I’ve just took delivery of a new 4m sib with 20hp outboard which is a fair weight to drag down the beach, but manageable in the correct conditions, I wouldn’t go any bigger to be honest.

Where’s good to fishing there? My mum has a house in Punta Prima, so spend lots of time with the kids on LaZenia beach. Keep planning to bring a rod, but no idea where to try.
Old 23 July 2024, 10:12   #3

Town: orihuela costa
Boat name: zoom 310
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard 2 stroke 8h
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4V33 View Post
Hi Karlis, suppose it all depends on how you use it. Build on the day and beach launch on transom wheels or kept on a trailer and launched down a slip?

I’ve just took delivery of a new 4m sib with 20hp outboard which is a fair weight to drag down the beach, but manageable in the correct conditions, I wouldn’t go any bigger to be honest.

Where’s good to fishing there? My mum has a house in Punta Prima, so spend lots of time with the kids on LaZenia beach. Keep planning to bring a rod, but no idea where to try.
Yeah at the minute theres me and my pal and we have just been going in from campamoure beach we do get told of so we row out till we get past they markers but yeah i think 20hp will be more then enough for round here.

Also for sea fishing iv not had any luck of the coast iv done a fishing charter and that was good but if you decide to do a bit of carp fishing you got the canal and a few little lakes in the area to have a bit of a mess about in but if you do wanna catch something in the sea i advise getting close to the tuna farms.

its crazy how small of a world this is! Punta prima is 2 mins away from me.