Town: Dublin
Boat name: -
Make: -
Length: no boat
Engine: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Welcome to RIBnet, OP.

Redbay won't get out of bed for less than 6.1m. Great boats but the economics of handbuilding custom craft in Ireland make it unviable.

Ribcraft - great boats

XS - very good contender for yer moolah

Lencraft - IMVHO, if the Lenane Bros are still running the s##tshow, well, run....
Thanks Wilk.
Old 25 February 2023, 15:59   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Welcome to RIBnet, OP.

Redbay won't get out of bed for less than 6.1m. Great boats but the economics of handbuilding custom craft in Ireland make it unviable.

Ribcraft - great boats

XS - very good contender for yer moolah

Lencraft - IMVHO, if the Lenane Bros are still running the s##tshow, well, run....
Thanks Willk.
Old 25 February 2023, 19:57   #23

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Maybe consider Highfield ribs ,they have mastered the uk markets acceptance of the Chinese Rib and having owned a 5m 2014 model with Honda partnership you couldnt fault it , maybe if your considering some other importers you may as well order a liya industries unit from china yourself and cut out the middle men (if your brave enough)
Personally have a new to me 2019 Gemini wr650 (South African built ) ,which seems a nice unit ,but havnt been out enough yet .
Old 26 February 2023, 01:19   #24

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Maybe consider Highfield ribs ,they have mastered the uk markets acceptance of the Chinese Rib and having owned a 5m 2014 model with Honda partnership you couldnt fault it
Standard form on the forums is to tell people you need the boat you have. Or the one you had!

Quote:
, maybe if your considering some other importers you may as well order a liya industries unit from china yourself and cut out the middle men (if your brave enough)
This is a new approach to forum life!
Telling people to buy the thing none of us have been brave enough to do, so that we can find out how lunatic it is...
Old 26 February 2023, 12:01   #25

Town: Ireland
Boat name: GECKO
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki Petrol 250hp
MMSI: 250005672
Morning All,

I encourage you to add Humber to your list. They have no Irish base but will ship to here. I have an Ocean Pro 5.7 which is built like a tank. Based in the midlands, I travel the country and can launch/retrieve as a one person operation. I have had it on Dublin Bay, West Cork, Kerry, Wexford, Lough Derg,and Donegal which I have used as a base for a few overnight trips to Scotland. Also depending on your experience, skillset and energy levels, a suitably equipped commercial grade rib (such as the Humber OP) will allow you to extend your water season way beyond the summer. I have also heard some great first hand reports regarding Atlantic Composites (Gweedore) who would custom build something for you. Feel free to PM me your details, I would be happy to give you a call. Bw, Darragh
Old 26 February 2023, 12:48   #26
RIBnet admin team

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketted View Post
I have an Ocean Pro 5.7 which is built like a tank...
I used to cruise in company with Zeb, back in the day. This is her in 2008:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeb2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	142233  
Old 26 February 2023, 14:42   #27

Town: Ireland
Boat name: GECKO
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki Petrol 250hp
MMSI: 250005672
Hello WillK, Wow, small old world, she still looks great. I picked her up in 21 from her 2nd owner in Donegal. Great machine, lots of fun and a few trips to Islay & Jura. Have just had the DF115 serviced some hoping to be back on the water in the next 2 weeks. Here she is at Port Ellen https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjNCbQquPbvthPRf...aoHQw?e=zCNo4M
Old 26 February 2023, 16:45   #28

Town: Scotland
Boat name: Clyde adventurer
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin Merc 150 4str
Ribworld which is humbers boat sale page have a few options. You could buy a bare hull and get someone local to fit it out with engine/ electronics. This would allow you to build to your spec possibly a lot quicker than ordering from a manufacturer a custom rib. They also have some fitted out ribs for sale that might suit. Ribcraft also have a used/ approved page but not much on it atm

https://www.ribworld.co.uk/humber-de...essional-rib4/
Old 27 February 2023, 21:56   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Maybe consider Highfield ribs ,they have mastered the uk markets acceptance of the Chinese Rib and having owned a 5m 2014 model with Honda partnership you couldnt fault it , maybe if your considering some other importers you may as well order a liya industries unit from china yourself and cut out the middle men (if your brave enough)
Personally have a new to me 2019 Gemini wr650 (South African built ) ,which seems a nice unit ,but havnt been out enough yet .
Thanks Orwell boy.

Perhaps the Chinese import might be a step too far first time out!
Old 27 February 2023, 22:00   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketted View Post
Morning All,

I encourage you to add Humber to your list. They have no Irish base but will ship to here. I have an Ocean Pro 5.7 which is built like a tank. Based in the midlands, I travel the country and can launch/retrieve as a one person operation. I have had it on Dublin Bay, West Cork, Kerry, Wexford, Lough Derg,and Donegal which I have used as a base for a few overnight trips to Scotland. Also depending on your experience, skillset and energy levels, a suitably equipped commercial grade rib (such as the Humber OP) will allow you to extend your water season way beyond the summer. I have also heard some great first hand reports regarding Atlantic Composites (Gweedore) who would custom build something for you. Feel free to PM me your details, I would be happy to give you a call. Bw, Darragh
Thanks Darragh.

I have some experience of Humber in the past - very dependable as a dive boat. I've also added Atlantic Composites to the list.
Old 27 February 2023, 22:03   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iankristy View Post
Ribworld which is humbers boat sale page have a few options. You could buy a bare hull and get someone local to fit it out with engine/ electronics. This would allow you to build to your spec possibly a lot quicker than ordering from a manufacturer a custom rib. They also have some fitted out ribs for sale that might suit. Ribcraft also have a used/ approved page but not much on it atm

https://www.ribworld.co.uk/humber-de...essional-rib4/
Thanks Iankristy.
Old 27 February 2023, 22:11   #32

Town: cork
Make: ribcraft
Engine: suzuki DF90A
RibNetUser;
I take it for granted you are scouring DoneDeal. I did too, in fact that's where i started my search. Be careful, piles of sh--, but a very occasional possibility. For instance, very recent rib, photos look good but, no year mentioned, make at the bottom of league table, 2 stroke engine - I thought we had seen the end of these - and asking 14K. God help the sod pays anywhere near the asking. If you decide to go SH, make it less than 5 years old, properly engined (lowish hours, 4 stroke, service history and sufficient HP for size/weight of boat. 5M to 5.5M should be in the 80 to 120 HP range
Old 27 February 2023, 23:11   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokee View Post
RibNetUser;
I take it for granted you are scouring DoneDeal. I did too, in fact that's where i started my search. Be careful, piles of sh--, but a very occasional possibility. For instance, very recent rib, photos look good but, no year mentioned, make at the bottom of league table, 2 stroke engine - I thought we had seen the end of these - and asking 14K. God help the sod pays anywhere near the asking. If you decide to go SH, make it less than 5 years old, properly engined (lowish hours, 4 stroke, service history and sufficient HP for size/weight of boat. 5M to 5.5M should be in the 80 to 120 HP range
Thanks Jokee.

Yes - I have been keeping an eye on both DoneDeal and ApolloDuck and note your obs regarding age, engine etc. Cheers.
Old 02 March 2023, 22:12   #34

Town: cork
Make: ribcraft
Engine: suzuki DF90A
Ribnet user PM me